Fruit Frenzy: Playing less than 25 lines

LooneyTunez

Newbie member
Here's something I've been toying with in "Fun Play" with Fruit Frenzy, and it seems to fair pretty well.

We all know how it takes 5 of something to trigger the "Feature", so I've always thought it best to play all 25 lines so I don't miss out on catching the "Feature".

Then I took a look at the paytable and realized that no matter how many lines you play, the feature plays all 25 lines. So, let's say you play 11 lines at .05 each (.55 total), and you manage to get a feature on one of those 11 lines, it will play your free spins on all 25 lines at .05 (1.25 total). This also means that you have a chance of getting retriggers during your free spins (on all 25 lines).

This almost seems like a better way to play in some ways, because in my experience, free spins don't usually pay all that great anyway, and by changing the variance of regular play, your free spins will yeild a much larger payout...but you also run the risk of not hitting the "Feature" all that often...and we all know this slot can be a bit stingy with features even playing all 25 lines.

I'm not a numbers guy, so maybe some of you gurus out there could run some numbers to see if this theory holds any water.

Just some food for thought...try it for yourself in "Fun Play" and see what happens.

Here's something I've been toying with in "Fun Play" with Fruit Frenzy, and it seems to fair pretty well.

We all know how it takes 5 of something to trigger the "Feature", so I've always thought it best to play all 25 lines so I don't miss out on catching the "Feature".

Then I took a look at the paytable and realized that no matter how many lines you play, the feature plays all 25 lines. So, let's say you play 11 lines at .05 each (.55 total), and you manage to get a feature on one of those 11 lines, it will play your free spins on all 25 lines at .05 (1.25 total). This also means that you have a chance of getting retriggers during your free spins (on all 25 lines).

I was totally not aware of this, I always assumed you had to play that line to start the feature because payout% would then increase with number of lines played. Because of this I also adviced players to always play this slot at max lines, normally I never play max lines at any slot. It seems this advice was wrong then.

Zoozie

I was totally not aware of this, I always assumed you had to play that line to start the feature because payout% would then increase with number of lines played. Because of this I also adviced players to always play this slot at max lines, normally I never play max lines at any slot. It seems this advice was wrong then.

Zoozie

I was hoping you'd respond to this Zoozie. You do have to hit 5 of something on the lines being played (11 in my example) to trigger the feature, but once it's triggered, then the free spins play out at max lines...once the feature is over, it reverts back to your original number of played lines.

So, if you can run some numbers/probabilities, maybe we can figure out what might be the best option(s) for this slot.

BTW, after posting this thread, I put $50 in the "fun" account, and played like the example above...During regular play, I managed to hit 5 pear ladies twice (and got 15 spins each time), and it brought me up over $200 after the features. Not bad for .55 bets.

So, if you can run some numbers/probabilities, maybe we can figure out what might be the best option(s) for this slot.

Because feature is triggered with same probability no matter how many lines you play, they payout% is independant of this. So it does not matter how many
lines you play really.

BUT.. remember the wierd RTG special max win rule. This is defined to be 40000*line bet. So actually payout% will actually be highest if you play
few lines, but this effect is really really small. Especially for a low variance slot like fruit frenzy. I would not worry about this unless I am playing
Rain Dance where you can hit the cap if you get 5 scatters and just a little luck with retriggers.

Zoozie

RTG

Because feature is triggered with same probability no matter how many lines you play, they payout% is independant of this. So it does not matter how many
lines you play really.

BUT.. remember the wierd RTG special max win rule. This is defined to be 40000*line bet. So actually payout% will actually be highest if you play
few lines, but this effect is really really small. Especially for a low variance slot like fruit frenzy. I would not worry about this unless I am playing
Rain Dance where you can hit the cap if you get 5 scatters and just a little luck with retriggers.

Zoozie

Worthy of investigation, but RTG slots have "fluid" reel bands, unlike MGS, so analysis is not so straight forward. I noticed another slot that has this oddity, Super Diamond Mine played at one line and one coin still advances the counter for the bonus round, BUT it seems the bonus round payout is saved up depending on the whole play history, as even triggering it on max coins and max lines leads to severely reduced awards based on earlier play at less than max coin/lines. Likely that Fruit Frenzy has something to adjust for getting the feature with few lines and a big line bet.

I might try this out, does at least sound interesting. Wonder if you miss the target more often for playing fewer lines?

Its definetely not.
I always play it with 5 lines at 50cent per line-. And i have missed very few, less than i have hit.
I think the number of freespins might be determined by your original bet (1 usually have 10 spins for one hit). But in the freespins the bet is no longer 2,50 but 12,50 - important for the limit and for scatter wins (tripled) .
and if you hit a retrigger then - you have good chances to come into the thousands.

We all know how it takes 5 of something to trigger the "Feature"

So what you are saying this is unique to Fruit Frenzy only? Or does it hold true if you are playing Raindance as an example. Would you simply trigger the feature normally, three or more scatters, and all 25 lines would pay during the free spins?

Very interesting. :thumbsup:

This thread is making my brain hurt!

Lets take the extreme example:
If you played just 1 line @ 10c it will take 25x more spins to get the feature, but each spin costs 25x less than playing max lines @ 10c.
So I agree with Zoozie there - makes no diffeence.
But when you do get the feature by betting on 1 line it plays on all 25 lines, which is 25x better than free-spins with just 1 line, which you'd get on any other slot.
So surely you'll win 25x more....?
(Anyone got an aspirin? :eek2: )

silkprint me too until today. I decided to test out this theory. Played 13 lines which would be $6.25 if I was betting on all lines. My bet was $3.25. When I hit the free spins 3 times in a row I cashed out my initial deposit of $150.00 plus an extra $500.00.

Then I moved to another RTG to see what I could do and the feature never hit. LOL... Greed gets me everytime! Although it does work if you can't get a feature you are doomed. :lolup:

When you all figure out which RTG will actually trigger a feature now and then we might have something here. :p

for which other RTG slots does this hold true? Raindance?
See post #9.

I tried it myself last night - played just 9 lines.
Got the feature - 15 spins with 25 lines!
Didn't win much though :( then got bored & did something else...

This thread is making my brain hurt!

Lets take the extreme example:
If you played just 1 line @ 10c it will take 25x more spins to get the feature, but each spin costs 25x less than playing max lines @ 10c.
So I agree with Zoozie there - makes no diffeence.
But when you do get the feature by betting on 1 line it plays on all 25 lines, which is 25x better than free-spins with just 1 line, which you'd get on any other slot.
So surely you'll win 25x more....?
(Anyone got an aspirin? :eek2: )

:lolup: :lolup: Too Funny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back