FortuneJack retroactively changed T&Cs, now earning only 10%

Dave

Dormant Account
webmeister
FYI, FortuneJack changed their T&Cs in a very sneaky way on January 1, and now most affiliates will earn only 10% instead of the 25% they were originally promised.

When I joined the affiliate program last year, the deal was 70%/60%/50% for 3 months, then 25% minimum rev share after that. The scale started at 25% and went up from there, depending on revenue.

In January, they sent a message that seemed like a sort of "promo" -- something cool that was being offered, with a subject line that read:

Become a Member of Club40

The full message read:

----------------------------------------------------

Subject: Become a Member of Club40

Dear Partner,

Reminder about updates in our terms and conditions. The percentage of revenues for affiliates who bring in at least 7 QFTD's per month are as follows:

0-1 BTC ---> 30%
1-2 BTC ---> 40%
2-5 BTC ---> 45%
5-10 BTC ---> 50%
10 BTC and more ---> 60%

We also added 10% to your existing deal when you bring in more than 40 qualifying first-time deposits (0,015 BTC) and yes, you do become a part of Club40 right away. For example, you are making 40%, with Club40 It becomes 50%. If you are unable to bring enough players, don't worry cause we will still pay you 10% of what you have generated!

For more details and precise information about affiliates with flat rates, please have a look at our Affiliate Program T&C.

----------------------------------------------------

Under the new terms, in order to get to the first 30% tier shown above, you need to have at least 7 NDPs per month. If you don't have at least 7, your rate is 10% -- which is conveniently omitted from the message above. You only find out about the 10% rate by reading the complete set of new terms or by logging and going to Home > My Account > Commissions, where you will see "10%" in all categories, if you haven't sent at least 7 new depositors. And in my case, I see 0% in the sports category -- I guess we earn nothing from sports bets.

By saying "Become a Member of Club40," they are painting this as a positive change, when clearly it is not. Most affiliates will now earn only 10% on the players sent, including past players, when they should earn at least 25% as originally promised.

After AGD rogued them, and after I put them in Old URL on my own site, I gave them almost a week to respond and undo the retroactive nature of the changes. They completely ignored me, so now I am proceeding to spread the word wherever I can.

Steer clear of FortuneJack.

More:

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Old URL

For sure. I would have been fine with them changing terms on "new" players sent after a certain date, but changing the deal retroactively is a no-go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back