Foreign Call Centres arghhh!

steveh35

Dormant Account
Bought a memory foam mattress from Amazon when I opened it and let it expand it was faulty at one end, so have had to arrange it to be returned to Amazon, what a farce.

Everything started fine and the live chat was pretty swift, the agent told me I had to ring Hermes to let them know they would need a 2 man crew to remove it.

That's when the fun and games started, tried to ring Hermes this morning got an automated service which will not let you speak to someone unless you enter a 16 digit code, 30 minutes I was trying to get this code to enter and she just kept saying come back with your code later goodbye.

I HAVE A 16 DIGIT CODE LISTEN!!! no same thing come back later with a code.

So I went to saynoto0870 website and finally got through to a noisy Indian call centre after explaining what I needed he said"We have received no order number from Amazon to collect your parcel." Arghhh so I end the call and return to Amazon live chat and get through to someone who barely speaks any English.

I said "Hermes say they have no order from you to return your parcel"

She says "Have they not collected it yet"

I said "no I only spoke to you 13 hours ago at 8pm so no they haven't collected it they need an order number"

She said "They only collect Monday - Friday"

I said "I know that but they need an order number to arrange delivery".

She said "wait please while i refer to the guidance don't close the window"

She returns "They next open on Monday they will collect Monday"

Arghh how can they collect Monday when they have no order number.

End of chat.

Low paid jobs that no one wants to do ! You get what you’ve paid for as they say!

It is fun for sure, when companies outsource their 'Tele-communications infrastructure'.

Talking to non-English-grasping call centre workers called 'Mike' or 'Bob' can get especially frustrating, because ultimately I feel like the chump that has to speak slowly so they understand me! Stellar all-round

And we all know what courier companies like Herpes are worth to the average customer. Let's just say count your blessings if they correlate your order with your address

Just rang Hermes and spoke to someone who clearly doesn't want to be at work today

Are you collecting my parcel today?
Sorry what did you say?
Are you collecting my parcel today?
What is your postcode
*postcode given*
It is due to be collected today you will be sent a time.
Is it a 2 man crew as it is a mattress and needs 2 people to lift it
What did you say?
Will there be 2 people to collect it?
I don't know just a big van
Well there needs to be 2 people
I don't know all I know is it's a big van
OK thanks for your help.

Well Hermes turned up to collect my mattress... well they went to my parents address and not mine
iu

Then they only sent one person instead of two.

Thank the f**k it's gone and over with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back