Whine and Moan EWALLET Expresss - Still No Answers

canadian57

Dormant Account
PABnonaccred
HI can anyone help with Ewallet Express, its been well over a year and getting any updates is next to impossible, as a Canadian depositer to this site and having over $1300 u.s. still there showing in my account, and wondering if i will ever get my money (this question is on behalf of my friends to who also have thousands or less sitting in their Ewallet Accounts also).

I have contacted BBB, they emailed me back saying after 3 tries of trying to contact Ewallet, they added them to some list, this company who I trusted with my money makes no effort to update its depsoitors. please can anyone help, will we ever get our money back.

crossing fingers

ty
canadian57:(

Last edited:
HI can anyone help with Ewallet Express, its been well over a year and getting any updates is next to impossible, as a Canadian depositer to this site and having over $1300 u.s. still there showing in my account, and wondering if i will ever get my money (this question is on behalf of my friends to who also have thousands or less sitting in their Ewallet Accounts also).

I have contacted BBB, they emailed me back saying after 3 tries of trying to contact Ewallet, they added them to some list, this company who I trusted with my money makes no effort to update its depsoitors. please can anyone help, will we ever get our money back.

crossing fingers

ty
canadian57:(

They have tried to make out that this is purely an issue with AMERICAN customers, and that for Canadian customers everything should quickly return to normal. It is clear that this is NOT the case, and suggests that they don't have ANY client funds. If funds were available, they would have begun to negotiate a repayment plan with the DoJ, and Canadian customers would have had access restored to be able to withdraw or use their funds.

It seems similar to the Full Tilt case, where the other two poker operators managed to negotiate a plan to start repaying the US players and exit the US market, and Full Tilt didn't seem interested. It quickly emerged that the lack of interest shown by Full Tilt was because they didn't have the money!

It looks like the same problem has afflicted EWX, and they are not going to budge. EWX appears to have simply walked away from their debts owed to customers, and accepted that the money grabbed by the DoJ seizure is lost for good.

The website appears to suggest that Canadians can still sign up, yet those that have tried out of interest have discovered that the process no longer works.

Although there is abnormal secrecy surrounding this seizure, no bragging from the DoJ as there has been with other seizures, Bryan has seen the actual seizure document served on EWX, so has confirmed that it was a seizure that lead to EWX shutting down.

It looks like legal action is the only way customers are going to see their money, but this could take some time. Maybe a "class action" will come together as has happened against Full Tilt. Lawyers will have to trace other funds owned by EWX or it's shareholders, and try to freeze them to prevent the owners "doing a runner". It is possible they have already done this with any money the DoJ didn't find, rather than try to make good the money owed to customers from a severely restricted Canadian customer base.

Had EWX been looking after client money properly, only US client's money could have been grabbed by the DoJ, as this is the ONLY monies moved in violation of UIGEA.

They have tried to make out that this is purely an issue with AMERICAN customers, and that for Canadian customers everything should quickly return to normal. It is clear that this is NOT the case, and suggests that they don't have ANY client funds. If funds were available, they would have begun to negotiate a repayment plan with the DoJ, and Canadian customers would have had access restored to be able to withdraw or use their funds.

It seems similar to the Full Tilt case, where the other two poker operators managed to negotiate a plan to start repaying the US players and exit the US market, and Full Tilt didn't seem interested. It quickly emerged that the lack of interest shown by Full Tilt was because they didn't have the money!

It looks like the same problem has afflicted EWX, and they are not going to budge. EWX appears to have simply walked away from their debts owed to customers, and accepted that the money grabbed by the DoJ seizure is lost for good.

The website appears to suggest that Canadians can still sign up, yet those that have tried out of interest have discovered that the process no longer works.

Although there is abnormal secrecy surrounding this seizure, no bragging from the DoJ as there has been with other seizures, Bryan has seen the actual seizure document served on EWX, so has confirmed that it was a seizure that lead to EWX shutting down.

It looks like legal action is the only way customers are going to see their money, but this could take some time. Maybe a "class action" will come together as has happened against Full Tilt. Lawyers will have to trace other funds owned by EWX or it's shareholders, and try to freeze them to prevent the owners "doing a runner". It is possible they have already done this with any money the DoJ didn't find, rather than try to make good the money owed to customers from a severely restricted Canadian customer base.

Had EWX been looking after client money properly, only US client's money could have been grabbed by the DoJ, as this is the ONLY monies moved in violation of UIGEA.

Will you be representing the OP pro bono Vinyl? :D

Will you be representing the OP pro bono Vinyl? :D

It's a Canadian company, so it would need someone who knows how to track down the directors and owners who are probably still in Canada. The company may well be dead, but if there was any wrongdoing by the directors they could be sued personally. Canadian customers could argue that US legislation and seizures should never have impacted THEIR funds, thus the fact it did demonstrates negligence on the part of the directors. Even the DoJ could be sued by Canadian customers, but this would be VERY tricky since the DoJ have a panel of expensive lawyers at their disposal.

An alternative would be for Canadian customers to pester their government representatives to launch an investigation into what is stalling the process of them withdrawing their funds. The Canadian government are bound to know something about this, even though very little has reached the public domain. The best time to make a fuss is in the run up to elections;) The issue also needs to make it into mainstream media as a consumer issue, rather than a niche "online gambling" one.

Best thing would probably to write your balances off. And remember that there is no proof (other than their word) that they ever had any money frozen by the DOJ.

What?

They all had the same agreement with DOJ (PS, FTP and Cereus) and PS were the only one who paid their players. The other 2 never paid a dime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back