Evan Davis Bottom Line Radio 4 business show - Gambling & Technology

Richas

Dormant account
This week's Bottom Line Radio 4 Programme with Evan Davies was on Gambling and Technology. Available for replay here. I caught the second half and it seemed to be up to the sries' usual high standard of industry discussion.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Just watching this now on BBC1. Well worth a watch if people have access to BBCiplayer. Talks about why people operate from Gibraltar and more importantly (for the majority of the forum) the USA.

This week's Bottom Line Radio 4 Programme with Evan Davies was on Gambling and Technology. Available for replay here. I caught the second half and it seemed to be up to the sries' usual high standard of industry discussion.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

by "high standard" do you mean wishy washy BBC agenda of prepared questions and answers?

I thought it was a good three-expert interview, imparting plenty of information for people not entirely familiar with the industry.

by "high standard" do you mean wishy washy BBC agenda of prepared questions and answers?

Yes. You have to remember this is part of their business programming not an investigative or campaigning piece. It goes out on Radio 4 as a radio programme, BBC News as a TV programme, is part of the world service programming and available as a podcast.

It is supposed to be an overview of a business area to inform a hugely broad audience, including the general public and others who might be doing say an O'Level or A'Level in business studies.

I have no idea what other non wishy washy programme you wanted but I'll take this over the sensationalism and bias of say Despatches on FOBT or Panoramma on FOBT - over the Independent on Sunday essentially making up on their front page last week that gambling addiction is rocketing or the Guardian using a whole set of national average takings figures to produce wild claims about how much is bet in poorer constituencies

I'll take informative wishy washy over sensationalist scaremongering any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back