Ecocard bank transfer in Canada

sagera

Newbie member
I received a call today from my bank informing me they would put through my wire transfer of $800 today but any further wire transfers coming in would be returned as gambling online is illegal in Ontario, Canada....

I put some through before, all of a sudden I have a problem.

since when online gambling is illegal in Ontario?? :eek:

I received quite a few transfers from moneybookers and instadebit, never was asked any questions.

I never had a problem with moneybookers either.....I use Bank of Montreal for that.....

Bank of Nova Scotia called me.....no more wire transfers......I searched everywhere today trying to find something I could use for legal or illegal online gambling in Ontario against the bank. Can't find anything except it will be legal in 2012,

Last edited:
Both TD and BMO works well for MB wire transfer or checks. TD is always gambling-friendly. I have a few of big chunk withdrawals with no problem. Nova Scotia is the worst of big 5.

I don't tried EcoCard because I think MB is much better than EcoCard.

Which bank are you using?

Can you get an ATM card, or virtual prepaid card, as I can with Neteller? This would negate the need to put the transfers through any local bank, even though there would be per-use card fees.

ATM and virtual cards from ecocard aren't available for Canadians yet. The lady that called me from Bank of Nova Scotia told me that now I am aware that online gambling is illegal, I had better stop doing it. I figure I will just close my account and go to a different bank.

I would call them back and ask them to prove that online gambling is illegal. I would also draw their attention to OLG's proposed online gambling site. If online gambling were illegal in Ontario the OLG would never even consider such a thing.

ATM and virtual cards from ecocard aren't available for Canadians yet. The lady that called me from Bank of Nova Scotia told me that now I am aware that online gambling is illegal, I had better stop doing it. I figure I will just close my account and go to a different bank.
Scotiabank did this to me in 2006 ,I hired a gaming lawyer back then and since there is no statue of limitations on the paperwork i look forward to suing their ass off WHEN online gambling is legal in USA.They sited US gambling laws on me when they closed all my accounts way back then. They got into a lawsuit with usemybank back then and looks like they are still up to their tricks.Keep all your paperwork as i know of at least 17 people they did this to in past 4 years.

what city is your bank?They gave us 30 days to close all our accounts back then , I moved to TD bank and have never had an issue.

Frankly, I'd take the advice from the Bank of Nova Scotia, and just take your banking elsewhere. All of it, not just your gambling.

BOM has been hassle free for me, and you are already a customer. Why give more than one bank your monthly fees.

My prepaid Visa from Moneymart has worked great too, and I've had a few quick paybacks to it.

I never joined Ecocard, their fees seem quite steep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back