Dutch Team makes firm statement against racism

lotusch

A little mix of Dutch and Irish
The Dutch national football team made a statement today against racism prior to their last Qualifier for Euro 2020 against Estonia.

This following a new incident in the Dutch second league match between Excelsior Rotterdam and FC Den Bosch.
Part of the FC Den Bosch "fans" decided it was funny to make monkey sounds and sing racist chants towards a black Excelsior player.

It is disgusting that in this day and age people still think it is funny to judge others because of their skin color, believes, religion, sexual orientation etc etc.

If we all would just let each other be and respect one and another this world would be a much better place.

Amazing what great strides football has made in regards to tackling racism over here in the UK the last couple of decades, whilst the cultured and enlightened mobs in Italy, Eastern Europe and, well, large swathes of Europe still revert to primitive and derogatory race-baiting in 2019

That day you are no longer proud to be a Bosschenaar and looking at the video's you recognize the peeps going mental, is sad to see.

I'm from the city of Den Bosch, or 's-Hertogenbosch, its a great city with really friendly people stiuated in the south.

There are always different kind of people in various city.

Anyway, I can still recommend to visit if you have the opportunity, the lifestyle in the city center is really one of a kind.

Also the city is named after an artist, Jeronimus Bosch, and Leonardo dicaprio started his documentary with a painting from Bosch named: "The eart of garden delight".

Amazing what great strides football has made in regards to tackling racism over here in the UK the last couple of decades, whilst the cultured and enlightened mobs in Italy, Eastern Europe and, well, large swathes of Europe still revert to primitive and derogatory race-baiting in 2019
Well it's better than the 80's here when it seemed you were more likely to get ejected for not doing the monkey chant - it's not confined to Europe, this country has had more incidents than most in the last couple of years. The only risk with this course of action is that you empower those seeking to disrupt through racist catcalls and chants by handing them the capacity to get games stopped or players called off.

Agree with you Jan, Den Bosch or S'Hertogenbosch is a great city.
It is always just a very small group of loonatics and they are everywhere.

So I am sure most people won't condemn the whole city for that. :)

Well it's better than the 80's here when it seemed you were more likely to get ejected for not doing the monkey chant - it's not confined to Europe, this country has had more incidents than most in the last couple of years. The only risk with this course of action is that you empower those seeking to disrupt through racist catcalls and chants by handing them the capacity to get games stopped or players called off.
I doubt very much this country has had more than most. I take it you've not followed Italian, Spanish, Russian etc football in recent months

Agree with you Jan, Den Bosch or S'Hertogenbosch is a great city.
It is always just a very small group of loonatics and they are everywhere.

So I am sure most people won't condemn the whole city for that. :)

Thanks mate, and to display we do have a sense of humor:

This is the coach who also made a very amateuristic comment but finally one found who he reminds us of:

Thats going over whatsapp in the city atm :)

Kr. Jan

I doubt very much this country has had more than most. I take it you've not followed Italian, Spanish, Russian etc football in recent months

Do they have football there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back