Do sent PMs always appear in Sent Items folder?

Jammer

Dormant account
I'm sending a PM and it seems to be going through (no error message after you hit submit) but it doesn't appear in the Sent Items box. I just wanted to confirm whether this means it has gone through or not?

I have found they do not. Or else maybe I do not know exactly what I'm doing. But a lot of times I cannot find evidence that I have sent a pm. Hope this helps.

No they don't by default, but you can turn it on to have them saved in your sent folder.. I found where to do this not long ago myself.

On the top right click SETTINGS to the left of the LOG OUT BUTTON

Click general setting in the menu on your left hand side under MY ACCOUNT

Scroll down to the Private Messaging section and then Sent Private Messages and click Save a Copy Of My Sent Messages In My Sent Items Folder By Default.

Hope that helps :)

If not you should get the idea from the picture below.

settings.jpg

Actually after a few people complained a few weeks ago, I switched this to be saved by default. The newer version of vBulletin changed this - don't know why.

This could also occur if your limit has been exceeded. Months ago I thought I had sent a pm out but when I checked the sent folder I couldnt find it. Actually, I had exceeded my limit so the pm wasnt sent afaik.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back