"Deal" release date is April 25

jetset

RIP Brian
FIRST '21', NOW 'DEAL' AWAITS GAMBLING MOVIE LOVERS

Coming to a theatre near you from April 25....

Several top international poker aces have cameo roles in a new gambling movie set to follow closely on the heels of the popular "21" currently on the global cinema circuit (see previous InfoPowa report) Titled "Deal," the new film is all about poker and stars Bret Harrison, Burt Reynolds and Shannon Elizabeth in the main character roles.

Appearing in cameo roles as themselves are Antonio Esfandiari; Joe Hachem; Phil Laak; Chris Moneymaker; Greg Raymer and Vincent Van Patten.

Many poker fans are quick to point out that the 1998 movie "Rounders" is the one to beat when it comes to a true depiction of the game and its action and appeal, and pre-launch reviews for "Deal" have already favourably compared the new film to its distinguished predecessor.

Apparently the plot of "Deal" involves a former poker pro coaching a cocky college student, which ultimately draws him back into the professional poker arena and the World Series of Poker, where he faces his protege across the felt. This is not an altogether dissimilar storyline to that in the 1986 classic "The Colour of Money" in which Paul Newman and Tom Cruise featured, albeit in a different game.

Movie and poker fans can get a preview taste at Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

the magician and the bomber are two of my favourite players. laak especially because he's irish and really entertaining and witty. sounds like it might be good. i seen on pokerstars commercial a super hot poker babe vanessa rousso, looks just like ashley tisdale! sorry, shannon eliz just got my train of thought to hot chicks. she was great in jay and silent bob movie, with eliza dushku too. as you were. :thumbsup:

Ive already seen it Jetset, about 3 weeks ago. Its on the internet. It was pretty good! I believe Burt Reynolds was the coach if its the movie Im thinking of. It was pretty entertaining and there were lots poker players celebs in it.

That's interesting, because just yesterday I was reading a rather pessimistic article that predicted a dim future for traditional bricks and mortar cinemas because people were increasingly loathe to go out for a variety of social and economic reasons and therefore relied increasingly on television and the Internet for entertainment.

The piece suggested that movies were finding their way illegally onto the Internet before the (land) premieres and predicted that increasingly the producers would turn to the Internet for "legal" releases before the films were shown in land cinemas in order to combat this trend.

Hopefully this will be a better movie than "
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
". Most of the movie was halfway believable, but lost all credibility during the last poker scene. :mad:

It also had a cast of professional players...
Sam Farha ... Himself
Chau Giang ... Himself
Barry Greenstein ... Himself
Jason Lester ... Himself
Ted Forrest ... Himself
Minh Ly ... Himself
John Murphy ... Himself
Erick Lindgren ... Himself
Daniel Negreanu ... Himself

Hopefully this will be a better movie than "
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
". Most of the movie was halfway believable, but lost all credibility during the last poker scene. :mad:

It also had a cast of professional players...

That movie was BAD!!!!

I didn't like how they portrayed the last real professional player as a prick, he's not like that when he plays.

I loved seeing Sammy though!!!! :D

That movie was BAD!!!!

I didn't like how they portrayed the last real professional player as a prick, he's not like that when he plays.

I loved seeing Sammy though!!!! :D

*SPOILER ALERT - lucky you*

I couldn't believe they actually shot the last scene like they did. Dumping all of your chips to your dad when there's only 3 players left including you....at the WSOP....like that's going to happen.

I thought the storyline was good and very believable, but the action definitely wasn't.

I wish they would have shown the real poker players more, maybe give them a few more lines.

Did anyone see Heads up Poker today with Phil Helmuth? lmaooooooooooooo

Jet Set

There are hundreds of sites out here to watch movies months before their release date. Infact I started watching leatherheads, I turned it off because something came on regular tv

Alot of these are done on purpose because they want to get an idea what to expect at time of release.

Anyway

Deal........It was a predictable ending, thats all Im gonna say.

That's interesting, because just yesterday I was reading a rather pessimistic article that predicted a dim future for traditional bricks and mortar cinemas because people were increasingly loathe to go out for a variety of social and economic reasons and therefore relied increasingly on television and the Internet for entertainment.

The piece suggested that movies were finding their way illegally onto the Internet before the (land) premieres and predicted that increasingly the producers would turn to the Internet for "legal" releases before the films were shown in land cinemas in order to combat this trend.

It would be an interesting observation to just see what percentage of folks have become actual "Introverts" since the Internet came on the scene... probably even more interesting to see how many have became "Perverts"... :lolup:

I agree - it's startling to compare today's societal patterns with those old Faith Popcorn futurist predictions on cocooning.

orgy, anyone? :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back