[Crazy] Smiling wife filmed asking hit man to murder her husband

Balthazar

The Governor

CHILLING video has emerged of a young wife trying to hire a hit man to murder her husband because it was 'easier than divorcing' him.

Julia Charlene Merfeld, 20, of Michigan in the US, has pleaded guilty to soliciting the murder of her 27-year-old husband.

An undercover police officer posing as a hit man secretly filmed two videos of Merfeld as they negotiated the killing while sitting in a car.

At one point Merfeld explains that in her opinion, murder would be "easier than divorcing" - she wouldn't have to worry about her family's judgment or "breaking his heart" if he was killed.

Both videos were played in court yesterday.

Police allege Merfeld wanted her husband's $400,000 life insurance policy and promised to pay $50,000 for the hit.

She will be sentenced on July 30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bless her heart, she didn't want him to suffer.:rolleyes:

She didn't get the warning signs, such as the constant statements of , "Are you sure you want to go through with this?"

It is quite frightening since she seems so average.

She must really have loved the guy, since she didn't want to break his heart ...wtf ?!?!?
The world is truly a sick place.

and just to add more craziness about this story, a quote from the news web site:

"..And if you’re wondering Merfeld has since pleaded guilty to solicitation to murder. But the most surprising twist to this whole story is that her husband has asked she not be given any jail time. Authorities have said she’ll be sentenced at the end of the month."

Well, she showed up the second day in a Batman shirt so she must be a big crime fighting fan.

Ok, so here's some things she probably should be asking the judge.

If he dies now accidentally, do I still get the insurance?
If I get out of this, maybe we can hook up?
Does that camera angle make me look fat?
Is this going to take long? Cause I work Thursdays.
Do I get my hundred dollars back?

and just to add more craziness about this story, a quote from the news web site:

"..And if you’re wondering Merfeld has since pleaded guilty to solicitation to murder. But the most surprising twist to this whole story is that her husband has asked she not be given any jail time. Authorities have said she’ll be sentenced at the end of the month."

I had the feeling that she thought he was a push-over, and he probably had never had such a beautiful woman as she thinks she is.

An American trailer-trash princess.

What I don't get is how she found the Hit Man. Did she put an ad on the net telling she was searching for one?
It's great that it was just a 'policeofficer' instead, using a camera. I do doubt the real ones are acting so civil.

I don't know. It's a sick world with a lot of sick people in it but I wonder how many of the murders that are happening just because of the lifeinsurance. I'll never get one:rolleyes:

What I don't get is how she found the Hit Man. Did she put an ad on the net telling she was searching for one?
It's great that it was just a 'policeofficer' instead, using a camera.

She probably told someone that she wanted to do it, that someone contacted the police and they decided to go on with it.

I do doubt the real ones are acting so civil.

You shouldn't doubt it.

It's great that it was just a 'policeofficer' instead, using a camera. I do doubt the real ones are acting so civil.

Well, you can hire the gentleman hit man but he arouses suspicion when he shows up in a top hat and cane sporting a handlebar mustache.

I wonder if her cell mate will be a murderer. When she tells her she hired a hit man to kill her husband her cell mate will say "La-zy. :rolleyes: "

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back