CM tourney with a buyin??

What would be your prefered buyin for a private CM tourney?

• $5

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • $5 + rebuys

• $10

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • $10 + rebuys

• $20

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • $30

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $40

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $50

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Buyin!! Are you on drugs!!

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

BubbleG

I was just wondering when the next CM tourney is going to be?

Sponsorships and added money are great, so are bounties but they dont generate very big pools, to spice up the pool a bit what level would you buyin to the tourney? Would you want a rebuy period so as to guarentee a certain amount of time playing? What else would you suggest to make the tourney more exciting? How cool would it be if 32Red threw in a WSOP package for the winner :D

I'd be happy with any buyin from $5 to $50

You (or a moderator) should add a poll, BubbleG, detailing the maximum amounts people would do for a buy-in.

Might give you a better sample, especially from those people who may not take the time to type out a reply but would click on the poll. :thumbsup:

Macgyver said:
You (or a moderator) should add a poll, BubbleG, detailing the maximum amounts people would do for a buy-in.

Might give you a better sample, especially from those people who may not take the time to type out a reply but would click on the poll. :thumbsup:

Poll added, I didn't know I could do that :)

BubbleG said:
I was just wondering when the next CM tourney is going to be?

Sponsorships and added money are great, so are bounties but they dont generate very big pools, to spice up the pool a bit what level would you buyin to the tourney? Would you want a rebuy period so as to guarentee a certain amount of time playing? What else would you suggest to make the tourney more exciting? How cool would it be if 32Red threw in a WSOP package for the winner :D

I'd be happy with any buyin from $5 to $50

I had made a post regarding a CM poker league (with buyins) not too long ago, then brought it to Ed during the last freeroll, and I also threw in maybe providing a WSOP package to the winner each year...he seemed very receptive, and thought it was a good idea. Not sure if he's going to followup with it, but it sounds like he will :)

I`m in no matter the buyin.

I would prefer rebuys, because it generates the largest prize pools, and it`s fun donking around the first hour :thumbsup:

A WSOP package would be great. Might even let the other playes share a percentage of the winner, so we have someone to cheer for :)

well rebuys are fine, i said 20 dollar buyin though, if we could get an added prize pool the chuck the rebuy idea

Lars said:
I`m in no matter the buyin.

I would prefer rebuys, because it generates the largest prize pools, and it`s fun donking around the first hour :thumbsup:

No, it's not. Some people don't like throwing $ away on rebuys just to play rags. :what:

winbig72 said:
No, it's not. Some people don't like throwing $ away on rebuys just to play rags. :what:

You don`t have to play rags. That`s entirely up to you :)

Rebuys allow for much more play after the first hour, when everyone has a good stack in relation to the blinds.

It would be great if 32Red/Piggs Peak could set up a deepstack tourney for us with 5k starting chips and 20-30 mins levels, but I have never seen them do that before.

Besides, it must be great to have a few donkeys like me to boost the prizepool ;)

winbig72 says:Some people don't like throwing $ away on rebuys just to play rags.

I agree on rebuys. Most useless game they invented. It allows players to play some unbelievable hands (garbage hands) cause they know they won't be knocked out if they lose. I have seen some horrendous play since this was initiated at poker rooms online and I have been playing many years online.

Lars says:20-30 mins levels
This I disagree with since we would be playing all night just to move to another level. 6-9 Minute rounds is long enough in my book.

I would love to play in another tourney and would be willing to buyin $20 or $30. Rebuy tourneys are not my fav though, prefer good old freezeout. I play a bit of tourney poker on 32Red and love their site so hopefully with a buyin I will be invited to tourney no3. Watch out you guys if you do let me in as I won the first one :eek: :eek:

silcnlayc said:
Quote:
winbig72 says:Some people don't like throwing $ away on rebuys just to play rags.

I agree on rebuys. Most useless game they invented. It allows players to play some unbelievable hands (garbage hands) cause they know they won't be knocked out if they lose. I have seen some horrendous play since this was initiated at poker rooms online and I have been playing many years online.

Quote:
Lars says:20-30 mins levels

This I disagree with since we would be playing all night just to move to another level. 6-9 Minute rounds is long enough in my book.

In my book this format makes for the same crap shoot all the way through the tourney, rebuys atleast its only the first hour. I'm quite happy with that crazy hour :D

BubbleG said:
In my book this format makes for the same crap shoot all the way through the tourney, rebuys atleast its only the first hour. I'm quite happy with that crazy hour :D

I think that's why most people prefer freezouts. If you want to make donkey plays with your own chips because you want to play a bluff, then fine...let's not play bingo just because you can rebuy and get more chips...That's why the freerolls have always went so well, nobody was playing bingo.

Just my 2c

winbig72 said:
I think that's why most people prefer freezouts. If you want to make donkey plays with your own chips because you want to play a bluff, then fine...let's not play bingo just because you can rebuy and get more chips...That's why the freerolls have always went so well, nobody was playing bingo.

Just my 2c

Who's playing bingo? Personally I find it not uncommon having 10X or over the starting chips at the first break of a rebuy. I am no poker pro but can quite happily take advantage of this hour while having a bit of fun in the process. Yeah sometimes you lose a bit but I always feel I can get it back. The first tier of money in a rebuy is usually 2 - 3x times that of an equally priced freezeout and you just cant beat cracking AA with 23os. The 6 - 9 minute bllind level makes for all the same donk all in plays except the fact you usually have no choice as the blind will do it for you.

As this would be a tourney primarily for FUN I dont see the rush. IMHO A cheap rebuy (10$r my vote) or a 20/30$ FO would provide the most fun and entertainment. 2k in starting chips a standard 15 minute blind level and lets not forget the 10 minute breaks :lolup:

As this would be a tourney primarily for FUN I dont see the rush. IMHO A cheap rebuy (10$r my vote) or a 20/30$ FO would provide the most fun and entertainment. 2k in starting chips a standard 15 minute blind level and lets not forget the 10 minute breaks
:p

Is this a social gathering of money poker players or is it a just a social gathering? I am in it for the fun AND money and I hate to just dawdle thru the levels...15 minutes at a starting $10 blind is too long and we could be socializing for fun all night instead of playing real poker for money...if you want to dawdle and socialize...go to-----> BINGO!
:lolup:
That's why the freerolls have always went so well, nobody was playing bingo

Umhaa

Sounds great. Ill be in no matter the buyin.. The bigger the better for me actually so i voted for 50$ ;)... And i dont mind em rebuys either. More money the merrier.......

Cm poker league, thatd be a fun idea. Hope there will be some added prizepool / prizes too. .. sure there will be... ;)?

-kavaman

kavaman said:
Cm poker league, thatd be a fun idea. Hope there will be some added prizepool / prizes too. .. sure there will be... ;)?

-kavaman

I'm sure there will...I doubt 32red would pass up an opportunity to get some free advertising at WSOP 2007 :)

Hopefully Ed will continue the bounty too :notworthy

Just please make sure the same problem that happened with tonight's weekly freeroll doesn't happen.

Table was frozen for at least 20 minutes as the blind levels kept increasing. Then I got completely booted out of the system and couldn't get back in for another 10 minutes, but was still having blinds taken out of my bankroll even though I wasn't logged on.

Finally got back on and (I'll admit it) tilted because of my frustration. :mad:

Didn't cost me anything to play (thankfully), but soured me on playing poker for at least a few days (or the weekend of the 'Meister's game, if I qualify for it).

Macgyver said:
Just please make sure the same problem that happened with tonight's weekly freeroll doesn't happen.

Table was frozen for at least 20 minutes as the blind levels kept increasing. Then I got completely booted out of the system and couldn't get back in for another 10 minutes, but was still having blinds taken out of my bankroll even though I wasn't logged on.

Finally got back on and (I'll admit it) tilted because of my frustration. :mad:

Didn't cost me anything to play (thankfully), but soured me on playing poker for at least a few days (or the weekend of the 'Meister's game, if I qualify for it).

This was actually Prima's fault, not 32red. I noticed that every single ring game was empty during this time and the only 'seated' players were those in tournaments. I for one never got seated until 45 minutes in, managed to bring my count up to 15k by 400/800 blinds, but took a beating and like you, went on tilt :x

This seems to happen every couple of months at least, and you would think by now they would have redundant connections across different providers to prevent this from happening (if it was a network issue). Lord help them if they're using colocated servers and don't have a NOC of their own. Even if it wasn't, you would also think they'd have a "disaster" plan in place so an issue such as this could be resolved in far less than the 45 minutes that it took tonight, and 2+ hours the last time I remember it happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back