CM amazing pet stories

just play

closed account
I know here at CM a lot of people are animal lovers. How about we share some amazing/funny/strange/etc...stories about our pets. I'll start with one that happened just a few minutes ago. :D

We have one 8 year old cat, one 5 year old greyhound, and one 3 year old greyhound. (the one in my avatar is the 3 year old, she's been with us about 6 months now, the other dog has been with us over a year, and our cat was born in my kitchen)

I live in Massachusetts, so it's not terribly cold yet, but getting chilly. We live near many fields, so the field mice are looking for warm spots (look in your engines everyone, some mice built a nest and chewed up some wires :mad:) anyway........

The cat is the stalker, she will sit in the kitchen and stalk for hours...once she catches a mouse you can tell, you hear her claws slide across the kitchen floor then she does the "I caught a mouse meow"....I say "get the buggy" The older greyhound will come running down the stairs as soon as he hears me say that (he sleeps in my bed) I say "get the buggy" to him...he will wait for the cat to drop the mouse and play with it a bit (of course our cat likes to play with the mouse, not actually kill it) as soon as he gets a clear shot at the mouse, he goes in for the grab!!! I don't think he understands how hard he bites it, because the mouse dies immediately. He carried it into the livingroom tonight and dropped it.

I am the cleaner (yuk!!!) and praiser....first pick up the mouse, go outside and throw in trash, and praise all the animals like they won an olympic medal!!! Even though the younger greyhound was afraid and she stayed away (her first time ever seeing this scene) I give them all pieces of ham as I'm saying good boy, good girl.

Older greyhound after getting his treat goes back upstairs to bed. His job was done...lol...cat still stalking...younger greyhound back on the couch with me watching the World Series.

Who's next? Any kind of pet story........

Had a weird one last year. One of our 3 cats died. She was a tabby, friendly, small and not well (obviously!) and we had to have her put down. We bought her home and buried her in the garden in the evening. 6am the following morning, we open the back door and there is a small jet black cat on the mat outside, never seen her before. Similar size, same demenour, friendly and hungry and not at all bothered by our dog who wouldn't stop barking at her. She'd clearly been living rough for quite a long time, no collar, not chipped, but she wouldn't leave. Proper lap cat. She came in and curled up, stayed with us a few days and one evening she just curled up and died. Very odd.

I know here at CM a lot of people are animal lovers. How about we share some amazing/funny/strange/etc...stories about our pets. I'll start with one that happened just a few minutes ago. :D

We have one 8 year old cat, one 5 year old greyhound, and one 3 year old greyhound. (the one in my avatar is the 3 year old, she's been with us about 6 months now, the other dog has been with us over a year, and our cat was born in my kitchen)

I live in Massachusetts, so it's not terribly cold yet, but getting chilly. We live near many fields, so the field mice are looking for warm spots (look in your engines everyone, some mice built a nest and chewed up some wires :mad:) anyway........

The cat is the stalker, she will sit in the kitchen and stalk for hours...once she catches a mouse you can tell, you hear her claws slide across the kitchen floor then she does the "I caught a mouse meow"....I say "get the buggy" The older greyhound will come running down the stairs as soon as he hears me say that (he sleeps in my bed) I say "get the buggy" to him...he will wait for the cat to drop the mouse and play with it a bit (of course our cat likes to play with the mouse, not actually kill it) as soon as he gets a clear shot at the mouse, he goes in for the grab!!! I don't think he understands how hard he bites it, because the mouse dies immediately. He carried it into the livingroom tonight and dropped it.

I am the cleaner (yuk!!!) and praiser....first pick up the mouse, go outside and throw in trash, and praise all the animals like they won an olympic medal!!! Even though the younger greyhound was afraid and she stayed away (her first time ever seeing this scene) I give them all pieces of ham as I'm saying good boy, good girl.

Older greyhound after getting his treat goes back upstairs to bed. His job was done...lol...cat still stalking...younger greyhound back on the couch with me watching the World Series.

Who's next? Any kind of pet story........

A few years ago this is in my Louisiana house where in the backyards, our closed in patios are connected and only divided just by a small wooden fence on both sides. I went out to sweep up my patio and noticed some field mice in the neighbors patio. ( They had sold their house and it was vacant for a week )I had left my patio door open while I was sweeping and one of my cats Freddie, came in the patio and noticed the mice through the wide spaces in the wooden gate. He reached under the gate to try and grab one and sure enough he did.By the time I ran over to shut my patio door Freddie was in the house with a mouse in his mouth.

He is running in the house now and I am freaking not sure what to do. Then Freddie stops for a minute like he had a thought and sure enough he did. He ran upstairs to one of the the bathrooms and jumped in to the bath tub with the mouse . I ran and shut the bathroom door and let Freddie do what he wants to do. A few minutes later I hear scratching.

I cautiously opened the door and there was Freddie with a dead mouse in his mouth and dropped it on the floor, then looked up at me as he was looking for approval or something. lol I could not pick up that mouse, Yuck! I just couldn't and my husband was an hour away at the New Orleans Airport picking up friends of ours who were visiting. I could not deal with that dead mouse ( or a live one) Luckily it was not huge and I vacuumed it up lol what a day to have company.

Last edited:
I could not pick up that mouse, Yuck!

Cats bring us these things as gifts. It's a good thing they can't tape up wrapping paper at Xmas eh! The small cat I referred to above used to bring me rabbits!! The damn things were almost as big as the cat!

Cats bring us these things as gifts. It's a good thing they can't tape up wrapping paper at Xmas eh! The small cat I referred to above used to bring me rabbits!! The damn things were almost as big as the cat!

Rabbits, wow you had an amazing cat. I wish it was a Rabbit mine brought in.That sure would be a great gift and even greater, considering what the options were lol

I remember hearing this on the news some time back,

SAN ANSELMO, California (CNN) -- Nancy Best is sure her dog Mia saved her life.

Six years ago, Nancy was napping on her couch at home in Garberville, California, when Mia pounced and buried her nose in her right breast. Nancy thought nothing of it -- until over the next few days Mia did it three more times in the exact same spot.

The third time, Mia plunged with such force it hurt. Nancy reached to the spot Mia kept nosing at and felt a lump. She went to her doctor, and the biopsy came back positive: Stage II breast cancer.

Nancy underwent surgery and chemotherapy, and says she is alive today because of Mia.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

I thought it was a pretty amazing story

I could not deal with that dead mouse ( or a live one) Luckily it was not huge and I vacuumed it up lol what a day to have company

LMAO!!!

I use an old tupperware container, you take the lid and push it in the container, then bring it out to your garbage outside.

We have woodchucks or something, they burrough under out grass and bushes, all of our neighbors are pissed cuz they make these amazing underground tunnels which in turn RUIN your yard/driveway/bushes....anyway my cat stakes those out!!!!!!! They are at least 3x her size!!! She's got big balls for a female cat...lol...she has never got one thank goodness, I heard these things were mean.

The Rabbits were alive right?.......I am going to assume they were and leave it at that LOL

Cats bring us these things as gifts

Yes, that's why I praise the shit out of my animals when they do this. My friends cat used to leave her "presents" on her PILLOW IN HER BED!!!! She would wake up with a dead mouse next to her head!!!! :puke:

My cat has an issue with my bra's - If I accidently leave the drawer open she will climb on my dresser and search until she finds a bra and take it out and run to another room with it. Before I caught her one day, I was always wondering how my bra's would show up around the house. :cool:

Very nice video Kesh.

The first time I left my dog he was around 3, and I went to Acapolco for a week, leaving him and my daughter at home.

My arrival home was greeted with a frenzy of happiness...for about 5 minutes. Then he remembered he was mad at me and gave me the cold shoulder for the rest of the day:laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back