Club on the Park hacked?

erm, came up normal website for me?

or is this some kind of in-joke i'm missing?

Tha banner.clubpark link is still not working.

I have just gone to
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
and look at the where the links are taking me to! I have hovered my mouse on the 125% bonus, its the same to all the links, its taking me to Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

Should be sorted - I can see everything at Club on the Park fine, including the download.

VCO, on the other hand, is still messed up as Uungy said.

Club on the Park - Website Outage

Dear all,

Please accept our apologies for the temporary loss of website service yesterday evening.

The site was not hacked, and the message displayed was a standard error from the Apache Web Server configuration files being incorrect.

We were in the process of switching IP addresses to enable security enhancements, when an error was made by our hosting support team.

I hope that this did not inconvenience you too much. And if anyone has any specific questions they would like me to answer, I would be more than glad to do so.

Regards.

David

...The site was not hacked, and the message displayed was a standard error from the Apache Web Server configuration files being incorrect...

He's right. I just Googled "you don't exist. Go away." and came up with about 12,000 pages that deal with this. :D

It's a shame that a webserver as popular as Apache can't be more professional with their error messages.
It is not Apache, it is an old Unix thing, see for example,
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
:

156. You don't exist. Go away.

A: This is not a viral infection. It comes from programs like write, talk, and wall, if your invoking UID doesn't correspond to a valid user (probably due to /etc/passwd being corrupted), or if the session (pseudoterminal, specifically) you're using isn't properly registered in the utmp file (probably because you invoked it in a funny way).

Anyone can have issues/problems etc... Totally understandable on the interweb every now and again! I totally agree though that, regardless of what's "standard", an organisation whom's entire reputation is based on trust and security online should come up with something more 'professional' for emergency cases!

I DO Exist!

After hearing the explanation, I rememner this from the 70's and 80's!
Programmers DO have a sense of humour, and in those days it was more freely expressed as computing was something of a closed shop among the "geek" community. Unfortunately, some of these curiosities have lasted well into the 21st century where computer users far outnumber those of us with any idea of how to program the damn things.
The technical variant of the error message "you don't exist....." would certainly have made more sense. Even though the user would have no idea what it meant, it would at least look like a genuine issue rather than the result of a hacker's mischief.
Unix has similarities with MS DOS, and the Apple MAC operating system, it is nothing at all like Windows, with it's more understandable, although irrelevant, error messages.
I doubt this will be changed, as it is so deeply embedded in the Apache server OS.

I have tried the link just now, and Ritz seems OK again, I notice though, that I am informed my browser has been redirected to their new site, but that still carries the same URL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back