Ceast and Desist Order from Bodog

Thanks for all the great posts guys :thumbsup:

VWM your my new god :notworthy

As i said im probably giving the domain up just so i dont have any hassles from these people. I will probably win but for the ensuring threats of legal action from bodog i dont think it would be worth my time pursuing this.

Happy 4th July to the Americans on the board :)

Probably not. However, BoDog must have spent some money on this already, and they cannot bring a case if you comply with their order (don't make it too easy though - do the minimum necessary and let BoDog spend the time and money in taking over the domain.
As suggested, you could protest in another manner, this time without the word "BoDog", but with it still obvious who you are protesting about. Anything posted in public must be true, and you need to be able to back this up. You could claim that as BoDog is unregulated, and cannot be brought before a court (cite Nevada patent case - they just don't turn up), your only option to fight your corner is protest.
A lot of spammers use basic free domains, try some of these, and when BoDog complain and the domain gets shut down, just move on. This should cost nothing but time and effort.
If this topic (the order, and the case of the 10K), gets widely discussed, the search engines should begin to pick up on it, and BoDog will have to send their cease and desist orders to the likes of Google, who are unlikely to be intimidated by an "illegal" online gambling site.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back