Can't get ISP email

petro

Dormant account, per user request
PABaccred
PABnoaccred2
I recently changed my ISP (or RSP as they are called now in my country.)
And they did not offer a ISP email or any alternative.
According to my ISP those types of emails are not being supported because most people now have free cloud based email addresses.
I understand that the forum requires ISP email addresses when signing up and lodging PABs, but it wont be easy for some people to get those types of email addresses any more.

The only alternative I have is to go to another internet company and pay them a monthly fee to keep the email address.

:confused: I'm afraid I don't understand what the problem is re PABs.

For instance I generally advocate Gmail or GMX if a player doesn't already have a valid "contact" email.**

How would your situation preclude you getting one of those addresses, for example?

** : see PAB FAQ, section 3.1 for details.

The issue with these services -- Yahoo/Ymail, AOL, ATT.net and Hotmail -- is that they are randomly blocking and/or discarding our emails addressed to you. In our experience these deletions are unpredictable, intermittent and have been going on for 10+ years. Our guess it that it's their way of discouraging the use of their services for this kind of communications without coming right out and making it an explicit policy.

I see, I thought the policy was there to stop random bots from signing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back