Can someone explain this video poker game to me?

ulrichburke

Newbie member
Dear Anyone.

I'm HOPING I've not posted this before somewhere and missed the answer cos I'm really bad at websites - if I have, yell at me (works wonders!)

I understand the kinda video poker where you're just dealt a hand, can discard and get dealt new cards, if it's any good you win something. This wasn't quite like that.

Only ever seen it on a YouTube stream. The player was dealt a hand. Above it was rows and rows of other potential hands, all face down. Two or three rows of the little hands were turned up after his hand was dealt. Sometimes he won money, sometimes not. I've zero idea what was going on because the little hands were so small, my screen didn't have good enough resolution to really see what the cards were. (Because there were SO many of them on his screen, they HAD to be small!) I don't know if he was winning by beating the little hands, or if the little hands were helping him - somehow, I'm not a poker expert by miles - match winning combinations. Not ALL the rows were being turned up when he played, just about the first 2-3 rows of sets of little hands. Dunno why the top sets of rows weren't entering into the game.

Please, I've watched that clip many times, if anyone recognises the above description could they tell me what the (censored!) was going on, just to put me out of their misery - this danged game's been stuck in my head for days trying to understand it! Especially why he won when he did. If it helps, done the obvious and got a screenshot...

Yours puzzledly

Chris.

Attachments

• The poker game I was watching.jpg
    The poker game I was watching.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 28
The below assumes you know how video poker is played.

This is multi hand video poker. The player decides how many hands to play and the bet reflects that.

One hand is dealt to the player (the biggest cards at the bottom). The player then decides how many of those cards to keep and discards the rest. Whichever cards are kept are then duplicated to the hands above based on how many hands the player decided to play. New cards are then dealt to complete each hand being played, and any winning hands are paid to the player.

Please, I've watched that clip many times, if anyone recognises the above description could they tell me what the (censored!) was going on, just to put me out of their misery
As above - just multi-hand VP.
RTG have it and MG used to back in the day (don't know if they still do...?)
I never played it much, so I think this was probably my one and only RF on it!

FirstRF.JPG

KK

Thanks all for your lovely answers - never saw it on a FOBT in m'life (should get out more, shouldn't I!)

The 'normal' kind I've done my (censored!) on in the past in arcades so I keep away from those ones now - I've seen guys I know do hundreds in them. I've seen them pay loads OUT in my time but you've REALLY got to be lucky and hit them on the right moment.

Biggest win recently now I stick to smaller machines? Went on a sevens machine - if you hold 2 symbols - bar, x, 7 - the other one always comes in, one of those - and it went absolutely ape on me. Gave me 9 lots of £15 bars - doing the rolling-in-three-lots-in-a-row trick it does - and an absolute STACK of tenners. Sadly it went empty and them refilling it stopped the streak - but I went on a £70 version of exactly the same thing and THAT went minor ape - gave me 2 jackpots, then £20 bars for fun for awhile, then fiver-in-tenner-out for about 15 minutes! (Crosses.) Left with about £400 or more in pound coins, now filling a drawer in the kitchen!

Tend to stick with those now, can regulate myself better on them. Watch others playing the big ones though. There's a Star Wars I like, it's got a skill-stop where you have to stop Darth Vader's head in the window to up the wins - I very rarely miss so I only play it when the staff aren't looking cos they warn me off it cos I can empty it.

Yours respectfully

I like to think of myself as someone who knows poker well, especially since I've played it regularly for the past five years. So, from what I see, the player is betting twenty hands. Twenty is a good hand for players against every dealer face-up card. Let's look at player 10-10 vs. each dealer possibility in a six-deck game where the dealer hits soft 17. The least profitable situation comes when the dealer has a ten up. I also like to bet 20 hands whenever I play poker online since it's an excellent way to do it. I usually play it on crapmeister.com . It would be really cool if one of you joined a game of poker with me someday!

Last edited by a moderator:
I like to think of myself as someone who knows poker well, especially since I've played it regularly for the past five years. So, from what I see, the player is betting twenty hands. Twenty is a good hand for players against every dealer face-up card. Let's look at player 10-10 vs. each dealer possibility in a six-deck game where the dealer hits soft 17. The least profitable situation comes when the dealer has a ten up. I also like to bet 20 hands whenever I play poker online since it's an excellent way to do it. I usually play it on crapmeister.com . It would be really cool if one of you joined a game of poker with me someday!
Oh please eff off, spammer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back