Cake Poker money rumor

PlexRep

Dormant account
Hi all,

I just came across this over at CAP and as I hadn't seen it mentioned here thought I would share.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

It's only a rumour, and the stance by Cake seems to be 'Delays caused by the holidays' but you know what they say about smoke/fire...

Anyone in possession of the facts?

Very interesting. I know 100% that a certain Cake skin is cruising so they will probably be concerned by this. It's probably just a few skins owned by the same holding company or something. I can't see Warren posting that just to s**t stir either, so like you say, smoke fire etc

It would stand to reason that they are on the brink of collapse... There traffic has been down considerably since they lost half their most lucrative skins to the merge network, and now, news that Lee Jones, card room manager and author and ex-Poker Stars manager and visionary has left citing that the ownership was 'taking the Cake Network' in a 'direction I was not comfortable with.'
Sounds bad to me.

"The holidays" are a FORSEEABLE circumstance, and there should therefore be no UNEXPECTED delays, only PLANNED delays, due to the number of "bank holidays", and the fact that many workplaces run on reduced staff for the entire 2 week period.
I would therefore have expected the experience to follow that of previous Christmas and New Year periods, so if people are getting worried, something DIFFERENT is happening, yet being explained away by the SAME arguments as used in a normal holiday shut down.

Maybe players are being more careful, and they have withdrawn money, rather than let it sit around, putting further pressure on what may already be a hard pressed cashflow situation.

Rushmore were in a similar situation, yet managed to fix their "technical problems" after a month, when many believed they too were really running out of cash. A good sign would be for the backlog getting cleared now that the holidays are over, which would be consistent with their explanation for the delays.

If "you" haven't been paid yet, it can just mean you are not close to the front of the queue, but if NO-ONE has been paid, it means the queue ISN'T MOVING, even though the holidays are over, THIS would be the worrying sign to look out for.

I've been following this closely. Their network is in a mess for sure. There is a rumor that Doyle's Room owes them a fortune and is going to bail. Cake has not commented on that story. From reading player complaints things at Doyle's are a mess too. I don't know that I would say Cake is in trouble as in going to close tomorrow but this is certainly a situation to keep an eye on.

One other item I forgot to mention is that Doyles Room's download link has not worked in a week. That must be intentional. They certainly know it hasn't been working.

Interesting...I know the guy who runs Doyles, top bloke, can't see him stiffing anyone without good reason!

do u already play there? I got no emails about the transition?

They didn't make too much noise about it but it is all over the news sites.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Doyle's download link has been dead for 3 weeks and it seems they have not bene processing cashouts or rakeback payments during that time. Not a good sign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back