Bugsy's Club Closes

pokeraddict

Webmaster
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Dear Bugsy's Club Player,
Firstly, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued support of the Bugsy's Club Poker Room. Since Bugsy's Club was formed, our mission statement has always been that we will offer you 'The Best Poker Games in Town' and that 'We will take care of you Personally'. We are proud to say that these are goals we feel we have consistently exceeded, providing you with a great place to enjoy poker.

Unfortunately, due to circumstances beyond our control with regards to banking facilities, it is with regret that we have to announce it is no longer viable for the Bugsy's Club Poker Room to continue our business operations. However, we are delighted to inform you that Bugsy's Club have reached an agreement with the world's largest online poker site, PokerStars.com, to allow all Bugsy's Club players to transfer your account balance over to their site.

Through the agreement we have reached with PokerStars, your player balances will be transferred to them. Before this happens, you will receive an email from PokerStars in the next few days confirming the full details of how to complete the transfer of your balance on to their site. Regrettably, your Bugsy's Bonus Points (BBPs) are not able to be transferred from the Bugsy's Club Poker Room.

While this transitional period occurs, you will still be able to contact PokerStars support with any questions you may have with regard to this procedure. We will update this page with more details of the support email address and the PokerStars webpage URL where you will be able to make the transfer of your balance later today (24th March)

Once again, we would like to thank you for supporting the Bugsy's Club Poker Room, but we are confident that PokerStars will provide you with an exceptional level of service so you can continue to enjoy playing poker.

PokerStars are a highly reputable poker site that is fully equipped to meet the original mission statement set out by Bugsy's Club Poker Room. They are trustworthy, quick to handle cashouts and offer an outstanding level of customer support. In short, they fully deserve their reputation as the best online poker site around. We are delighted to have been able to make these arrangements with them as we know we are leaving you in the best possible hands.

The management and staff of BugsysClub

I played at bugsy's for a couple of years.

I have been at pokerstars for awhile now, but I won some there. not a lot of players and everyone was aware of the regulars and how they played.

I posted about neverbeg here( which has since become partimepoker) when I was playing at bugsy and tennis balls has been there every since.

I think he does quite well just staking good players, I must go check in with him to see how its going

Tennis balls, are you checking in here?

I found tennisballs right where I knew he would be, He may get mad at me but if any of his old friends want to say hi, here he is.

Last edited:
Bugsy's had the worst software available and had not updated in years it seems. They also raked uncalled preflop bets which is not industry standard at all. Their management had started to flake lately too so this was no surprise at all.

BTW I didn't know PTP had merged with NVB.

I went to visit Tennis and applied for a stake, now I am in a tourney.

Oh well, it will keep me from spinning the reels!

I haven't been to parttime poker in a while, might do me some good to take a bad beat or 2, lol

Any other disgruntled Bugsy's players out there?

For as long as I played at Bugsy's they were always small and had their peculiarities, but I still liked coming back there for a number of different reasons. Well until they would not take care of my cashouts in a timely fashion.

So I had not planned on keeping playing on Bugsys. But as I see it Pokerstars has not come in on a white horse and saved us Bugsy's players. I'm glad they - as a reputable company with a good poker room - are a partner when the owners of BugsysClub are letting this brand go but I'm not happy with the deal I'm being offered. It is not as good as it sounds in their message:

Through the agreement we have reached with PokerStars, your player balances will be transferred to them.

The money can be transferred, but it will be transferred into a bonus account. Where 5 VPPs earns you $1 of your own money back. That is twice the rate of an ordinary bonus, but this is my money already!

Full T&C at:

So I ask myself is there any other disgruntled Bugsy's players out there?

For as long as I played at Bugsy's they were always small and had their peculiarities, but I still liked coming back there for a number of different reasons. Well until they would not take care of my cashouts in a timely fashion.

So I had not planned on keeping playing on Bugsys. But as I see it Pokerstars has not come in on a white horse and saved us Bugsy's players. I'm glad they - as a reputable company with a good poker room - are a partner when the owners of BugsysClub are letting this brand go but I'm not happy with the deal I'm being offered. It is not as good as it sounds in their message:

The money can be transferred, but it will be transferred into a bonus account. Where 5 VPPs earns you $1 of your own money back. That is twice the rate of an ordinary bonus, but this is my money already!

Full T&C at:

So I ask myself is there any other disgruntled Bugsy's players out there?

Twice the rate?

What kind of bonuses are you gettting?

I took a 25% up to $100 for the max in December and it was a rate of 20VPP/$1 - with 7 months to clear.

Be grateful.....they could have left you high and dry - without any chance of getting your money.

For them to make a deal with pokerstars, it seems to me that they were financially strapped.

edit: and look at the timeline - 1 year for < $10K, and 2.5 for > $10K.

A 5x bonus at Poker Stars is 100% rakeback playing tournaments and very close to that at cash games. Also this clears twice as fast as their first deposit bonus, 42% faster than VIP reloads and 4x faster than their typical reload bonuses. This is much better than what has happened to T6 or other failures over the years.

Also, don't forget that this money is placed in your account, from which you can play with. As with Stars' reload bonuses, bonus money sits in an account which you cannot touch until you earn enough VPP for it to transfer over.

If they were to take your money from Bugsy's Club and put it in that same sort of bonus situation, then that would definitely be a problem.

I'm fairly certain that PokerStars made the best of a bad situation, and it wouldn't surprise me if they were the ones that contacted BC and not the other way around.

Following the Transfer you will be entitled to play on the PokerStars platform with the Bugsy Credit which has been transferred up until:

I'm not convinced that I should be greatful, though I'm certain I'm not ungreatful. I'm simply uncertain of what to make of this deal.

Yes, I would be getting rakeback up to 100%. And yes I will be allowed to play with my money, it is not put in an isolated account.

So PokerStars are taking a risk that I lose money which I have not put in or they have had time to earn from my play.

And while I have no idea of how the business deal for acquiring the Bugsy brand looked, this feels like the lower end of the spectrum on what can be offered the player.

I don't want to badmouth PokerStars. I don't have any foundation for that, heck maybe I should be greatful to them. But this deal, wouldn't PokerStars be willing to take over just about any poker room in this way to increase their business?

And while I have no idea of how the business deal for acquiring the Bugsy brand looked, this feels like the lower end of the spectrum on what can be offered the player.

The lower end would be what happened to players that had money on Jet Set Poker, T6Poker, Battlefield Poker and friends etc. It seems most rooms would have just closed and run off with the money. Poker Stars wasn't just going to give this money that was lost to the players. At least a 5x bonus gets them the money and is a very easy bonus to clear. The alternative would be to get nothing at all.

Of course the bad guys are BugsysClub, I have not lost sight of that. That I'm in a undesired situation is their fault for not running their poker room professionally.

If the owners of BugsysClub had such low moral and thought that they were in a position where they could run away with what was left of the monetary funds in BugsysClub without fearing repercussions then PokerStars are angels for going out of their way partly saving me and other BugsysClub players.

I don't think it is that simple though and wanted to hear what other people thought. However it would not surprise me if PokerStars really kept the welfare of the players a priority when they acquired BugysClub. But what do I know?

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back