Question Bet sizes

hoff1985

Dormant Account
mm1
Hey Guys,

i always did 0.5 - 2 USD spins max in the past... On some point i won big and since then i was starting doing big bets (4-5 EUR mainly). Have you had similar experiences? How did you manage to go down to "lower" bets again after you were used to play bigger? I just had a really hard time starting to play "normal" again after a while with only big bets.

Would love your opinion / experience on this

Cheers

Very rare I get to play anything above minimum bet or maybe bet level 2 / 2 coins if I'm lucky (small budget etc)

If and when I'm 'on a roll' and doing well I do increase, especially if there is wagering involved when playing with a bonus (which I also take a lot of due to budget again)

I have bet as high (and sit down, wait for it :p) £2.10 per spin, which may sound laughable but for a '0.30p man' is pretty high.

Trouble is I never seem to have any luck at all on higher bets so with that in mind I don't get to do that many or that often.

Most recent experience was a nice £1,500 hit on Rhino (bet 1.20) but I had over 4K to wager at the time.

Upped bet to £2.00 and was spinning at that size for about 2-3 hours, no miracles but loads of features and 'stay level' wins which cleared wagering, built balance slowly and I cashed out my highest ever £4,100 from a £150 starting balance.

The 'come down' from that was frustrating at first as I did not think of staying at that bet size after withdrawing and depositing fresh elsewhere, I simply returned to my usual one coin starting bet size.

Watching the wins drops thinking 'That was 5 x that amount last night' etc was a little annoying but I soon settled back to my usual pattern of play, guess it was down to being used to low rolling for so many years.

That is what I call the "winner blues" Hoff. :oops:

You just been on a roll, had some nice withdrawals and you feel invincible, betting higher and higher. Soon you realize you lost a big ton and start chasing those losses with even higher bets. Needless to say it will end 98/100 in utter disaster.

What i do after some big wins is transferring a part of the winnings, mostly 50%, sometimes more, to a saving account which i set up more than a decade ago for my retirement. It has heavy restrictions for withdrawals and if i do the interest for the running year is voided, hence in all this years i never touched a cent from it. Plan is to retire at 55 which is 7 years from now.

By doing that i have much less left in my e-wallets to blow back and i admit i do the odd high roller session on DOA but once i am down to the last few hundred i very soon settle back into my usual betting range, which is 0.90-3.00, sometimes 4.50. Keeps the budget in check and I never reload more to the ewallet until the next month's budget is due.

I play then cashback, race winnings, free battles, ask for comps or FS etc., can do that mostly for at least a week without depositing.

But I admit it is not always that easy to settle back to smaller bets. I am very often in pain when i sit there playing DOA at 0.09-0.18 (no offense to low rollers) :oops:

I used to bet higher a few years ago when I thought I knew my tried and trusted slots well. This too happened when accumulating bigger bankrolls from initial small bets.

It has worked on a couple of occasions but on the whole it turns out the slots I thought were my friends were actually bastards :eek:

I had no problem going back down to small bets because that's how I started out. If on a good roll I may progressively up bets but it seems to go tits up round about the £1.60 - £2 mark anyway.

I generally look towards the higher variance games and like to grind the slots, I couldn't imagine doing a grand in £10 bets and then scarpering away. I did have a few cheeky £3.20 bets on DOA the other day though after a good start and I almost soiled myself.

Those five scatters didn't materialize, funnily enough :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back