Bad Poker Day

4 of a kind

Repeated violations of forum rule 1.16 - troll
Yesterday afternoon went to a friends private club and played a 10 seat sng with all friends.

Starting stack was 10k

1st $2500.00, 2nd $1500.00, 3rd, $1000.00 (no house fees but lots of free goodies)

We didn't have a hired dealer so the button dealt, until the first player was knocked out, who would then become the permanent dealer for the rest of the game.

Well, guess who became the permanent dealer? To make it quick suits not important with rainbow board. Six hands into the game I'm dealt QQ on the gun, four callers (one being the bb) to my pre-flop raise 4x's bb to $250.00, Flop Q72, I make $500.00 bet and get one caller the bb, Turn-Q72A, I make 1k bet and he calls. River-Q72A7, I make it 2.5k, thinking I hope he calls after considering only AA, or 77 beats my Queens Full. Plus I'm hoping he called pre-flop raise on bb with some shit like A7, 22, AQ, 72, or anything with a 7, etc. Well he re-raises me all-in. Talk about a sinking feeling. I say out loud "you got to be kidding me!" He responds "be careful" With 42% of my stack in the pot already and registering his comment as a please fold, I decide to call.... WRONG AGAIN 7777, and I'm the dealer.

Being a dealer sucks!! I couldn't believe some of the names my friends were calling me. You have to be so into the game with chips flying all over the place. I must of screwed up 10 times at least making the game much longer then necessary. Once my dealer confidence was in check by the players, even when I was right I was challenged. LOL

Expensive day out, but all in all had a ball.

Ouch. Next time you wanna suggest the winner tips the dealer 10% - kinda like a bad beat jackpot :D

Ouch. Next time you wanna suggest the winner tips the dealer 10% - kinda like a bad beat jackpot :D

10% is the usual norm tip, but all I got from my friends that cashed when I bitched was a F@@k You and how I ruined the game. On top of it heads up was over an hour...

@4oK - Before reading your post I was about to start a thread whining about how I was recently knocked out of three consecutive MTT's with pocket AA, KK and then AA again. Your bad beat takes the cake.

I know that sinking feeling your talking about..it really sucks. Looking at the bright side, what are the odds that something like that will happen to you again anytime soon?

@4 of a kind, cheer up man! Sometimes losing days make us come out stronger. Not to mention that an expensive day out teaches us to "be careful" the next time.

That was a bad beat indeed. But you could've at least gotten his hint. The way he acted kind of showed he had nuts or something else very close to it. I guess you just focused way too much into your own hand. No offense sir.

That was a bad beat indeed. But you could've at least gotten his hint. The way he acted kind of showed he had nuts or something else very close to it. I guess you just focused way too much into your own hand. No offense sir.

I don't consider that a bad beat. They both had legit reasons to stay in the hand. No straight or flush draws as much of the action was before either were a possibility. No possibility of a full house until the river (again, already after a lot of action.) So, pretty likely each are looking at pocket pairs hitting a set. This is not the way you play high pair, but I could see some crazy players staying in with two pair. Given this assessment it would have been quite ballsy to stay in with a pocket pair of sevens. I probably wouldn't have even called the pre-flop raise with a hand like that, especially given that three other players called and I'm on the big blind. If the other guy had a pocket pair of aces it would have been quite likely he would have been re-raising rather than just following. All in all, I probably would have done the same. Oh well, that's poker!

BTW, I'm not a poker guru, but a very interesting play by play. I play home games here in the Philippines two to three times per week but rarely play online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back