Article about bodog owner...

As much as I rate Bodog, I shudder every time I see Calvin Ayre being held up as representative of the online gambling industry by the press. He's enjoying himself and fair play to him, but it's like Paris Hilton being seen as representing Hilton Hotels. Although credit where credit's due, at least Calvin wears underwear in public. Or at least hides the fact he's not :D

Good info Richtree. I personally have probably funded a couple hours of jet time for him!! I am just concerned (like everyone else), that the banking system is going to find some way to stop the money movement. I really don't see how the government can sift through every transaction to see if it was for "gambling"!?!?! So far I haven't read any negative stuff about bodog, except that it is tight as shit and not much fun right now!

Sorry, I didn't mean to change the thread.

"His mind is not for rent, to any god or government".......

As much as I rate Bodog, I shudder every time I see Calvin Ayre being held up as representative of the online gambling industry ....but it's like Paris Hilton being seen as representing Hilton Hotels.... :D

LOL, good one!

His arrival with babes and entourage at industry events, cameramen to the fore, is often something to behold.

That said, and despite his somewhat chequered past, the man has proved he is smart enough to build a diverse and very successful business worth tens of millions. And he definitely understands publicity and marketing.

Jetset

That said, and despite his somewhat chequered past, the man has proved he is smart enough to build a diverse and very successful business worth tens of millions. And he definitely understands publicity and marketing.

The most impressive obstacle, is that the man - who really should play the head-hancho for SPECTRE in the next 007 film - was raised in Lloydminster, Sask. That in itself is newsworthy! Not exactly bright lights big city. :confused: To start from there and basically mold himself into an international playboy is astounding enough.

Steed

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back