Anti-Spam Suggestion

nafanny29

Dormant account
With the recent surge of first time posters SPAMMING the main forum I guess it must be very frustrating. I also noticed on your news page you were thinking of making the site a members only affair.

Would it be a good idea to make new members join and wait say 30 or 60 days before being allowed to post?

Or do you think that they would still join and diarise 30/60 days to SPAM!!!

Just a thought caus I get the feeling your (quite rightly) getting really pi$$ed off at all the abuse :D

nafanny29 said:
With the recent surge of first time posters SPAMMING the main forum I guess it must be very frustrating. I also noticed on your news page you were thinking of making the site a members only affair.

Would it be a good idea to make new members join and wait say 30 or 60 days before being allowed to post?

Or do you think that they would still join and diarise 30/60 days to SPAM!!!

Just a thought caus I get the feeling your (quite rightly) getting really pi$$ed off at all the abuse :D
Actually it doesn't bother me as much as you may think. When spammers hit the board, I report their affiliate links to their managers, and in most cases their affiliate accounts are closed. It's like pulling weeds; you don't like doing it but it makes the garden prettier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back