Another Legend Passes

I still fondly remember listening to Jackie being the co-commentator on a few games channel 5 showed, the way he saw the match and his passion, very refreshing to the normal planks commentating nowadays.

He got on so well with the irish and bonded with their nation, the no nonsense, down to earth geordie, they loved him. We had bobby robson, lawrie mcmenemy and Jack. All from the north east and great characters.

Used to love, not necessarily for his technical ability obviously, Duncan Ferguson; one of the throwbacks of the more recent times. Handy was his head in all respects; remember him in his hay day all you did was whip the ball into the box and he was a one man demolition job on the defence. A strange joy to behold when he was in the mood.

Viduka was another one; with added technical ability but sadly with less fitness than me.

I used to be a lot more into football but have become a bit dissociated with it over the years.

Used to love, not necessarily for his technical ability obviously, Duncan Ferguson; one of the throwbacks of the more recent times. Handy was his head in all respects; remember him in his hay day all you did was whip the ball into the box and he was a one man demolition job on the defence. A strange joy to behold when he was in the mood.

Viduka was another one; with added technical ability but sadly with less fitness than me.

I used to be a lot more into football but have become a bit dissociated with it over the years.
Drunkin Duncan always gave 110%, wore his heart on his sleeve. Viduka would disappear for a lot of the games, but when he turned up he turned up in style.

Interesting football facts

In 1969 the combined wage salary for Man Utd was £204,000, equivalent to £3.5m today
This year the wage bill for Man Utd was £203m

George Best earned £1,000 a week, the equivalent of £16,000 a week today
Lionel Messi earns £1.2m a week

In his entire footballing career Jackie Charlton amassed less than Lionel Messi earns in 2 weeks from wages and sponsorship

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back