Diarrhea
Dizziness
Drowsiness
Headache
Fever
Dry skin
Abdominal pain
Breast growth
Allergic reactions including rashes, hives and swelling.
Difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest
Swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
Black stool
Vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Mental confusion
Hallucinations
Agitation
Disorientation
Confusion
Delirium
Unsteadiness
Slurred speech
Lethargy
Depression
Paranoia
Sexual difficulties
Inflamatory arthritis
Gout like athritis
Liver disease
Gynecomastia
Vasuclitis
Irreversable or fatal blood dyscrasias
Autoimmune Hemolytic anemia
Stevens Jonhson syndrome
Coma.

And people wonder why I don't take medication.

Possible side effects include,

Liver disease

Think that you are making a really good point even though you are talking about an indigestion med. My father took tylenol to treat a toothache over a several week period. The doctor told us that the combination reduced his liver function to 5% and he died 5 weeks later.

Think that you are making a really good point even though you are talking about an indigestion med. My father took tylenol to treat a toothache over a several week period. The doctor told us that the combination reduced his liver function to 5% and he died 5 weeks later.

I'm sorry to hear that.

What was the Tylenol "combined" with?

I'm sorry to hear that.

What was the Tylenol "combined" with?

Thank you Skiny-

This was during the Thanksgiving/Christmas holidays so he was putting off going to see the dentist until after the holidays were over.

So he was taking the tylenol to cut the pain that the tooth was giving him. The "combination" was from the tylenol and the infection from the tooth running through the liver at the same time. The way it was explained to me was that it "fried" his liver. He was only 54 years old.

I just thought that your post was important because there really are dangers with over the counter meds.

Since that happened there have been class action lawsuits filed against tylenol because I looked into it.

Also I should add that my brothers and I learned in a very painful way how important it is to look after your teeth and not put off going to see the dentist.

I like how they list 50 different things that could actually be wrong with you after taking the medication and then include "paranoia."

Is that real, and if so, how the hell can it be legal to sell ?
Makes me wonder.
Fix one condition, get 8 free.

Possible side effects include,

Diarrhea
Dizziness
Drowsiness
Headache
Fever
Dry skin
Abdominal pain
Breast growth
Allergic reactions including rashes, hives and swelling.
Difficulty breathing, tightness in the chest
Swelling of the mouth, face, lips or tongue
Black stool
Vomit that looks like coffee grounds.
Mental confusion
Hallucinations
Agitation
Disorientation
Confusion
Delirium
Unsteadiness
Slurred speech
Lethargy
Depression
Paranoia
Sexual difficulties
Inflamatory arthritis
Gout like athritis
Liver disease
Gynecomastia
Vasuclitis
Irreversable or fatal blood dyscrasias
Autoimmune Hemolytic anemia
Stevens Jonhson syndrome
Coma.

Is that real, and if so, how the hell can it be legal to sell ?
Makes me wonder.
Fix one condition, get 8 free.

It's real and very common but these are "possible" side effects. It doesn't mean you experience them all. It just means you can.

If you look at any medication the list of possible side effects are long. The testing being, when the trials are being held to test the product, if any one person has a side effect it has to be listed; those are the guidelines. So for instance, out of 1000 people, if one person became dizzy, dizziness must be listed. That is why the side effects are broken down in sections from common to rare. After looking at the possible side effects we then have to make the decision whether the sickness warrants the risk of the side effects. When I use to suffer with GERD (gastro esophagal reflux disease) I took nexium and it was like a miracle to me. I had such extreme heartburn I was miserable and nexium stopped it. I actually took it for 5 years and did fine, and now I don't have to take it. However if it started acting up again I would take it again. That being said, I hardly take any medication...I am a chicken :) I always wonder about the side effects so my paranoia starts before I take the medicine...lol. :oops:

I never used to read side effects on medication but after 2 severe reactions to prescriptions since August, I read everything now.

Some of the medications can kill you quick if you are allergic and making Drs pay attention is pretty hard to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back