32Red - 2013 Not A Good Year!

Nicola

Closed Account
As a long time player at 32Red (some 10 years) its been a very disappointing year. Apart from the well documented 'weekend withdrawals' issue, customer service has really gone to pot.

My OH has spent most of the day trying to speak to a manager regarding a large withdrawal. They are now kicking up a fuss over and want to refund a large win to a MasterCard, a win which is 5 times over the set credit limit. They have always paid large MasterCard deposit wins via Cheque or Bank Transfer.

Anyone else notice since Steve Finnan was transferred from Player Support Manager to his new role of Responsible Gaming Manager, customer service levels have dropped?

Did you PM mark, Nicola?
I did not have a lot experience with him, but people told he is amazing guy, so i am sure he can help you.

It doesn't matter if M/C has a 1k limit and 32red make you 10k in credit - you'll find they MC don't like large surpluses though, and you should ring them and give your bank details so MC can refund the surplus which they should do FOC and it takes about 5 business days or less. Though I must admit if I had a massive win and used a credit card to deposit, I'd rather they refunded the win to my current account, or just the deposits back to the card and the rest to my current account. I can't understand they won't assist you in this.

As a long time player at 32Red (some 10 years) its been a very disappointing year. Apart from the well documented 'weekend withdrawals' issue, customer service has really gone to pot.

My OH has spent most of the day trying to speak to a manager regarding a large withdrawal. They are now kicking up a fuss over and want to refund a large win to a MasterCard, a win which is 5 times over the set credit limit. They have always paid large MasterCard deposit wins via Cheque or Bank Transfer.

Anyone else notice since Steve Finnan was transferred from Player Support Manager to his new role of Responsible Gaming Manager, customer service levels have dropped?

I have had this happen to my Barclaycard (VISA), but didn't think this was even possible with a Mastercard!

When it happened, I just contacted Barclaycard to ask for the surplus to be returned to me as I was aware such surplus was against the terms and conditions for the card. They asked for the details of my bank, and sent over the surplus, a relatively painless process. The other option of course is to spend the surplus, but the reason cards do not like such surpluses is that it makes the prevention of money laundering through the card harder. The issue is funding the card with a large surplus, and then using the card to make a "fake purchase" as a means to launder the money through the regular card payment systems.

This should be less of an issue in the UK provided the refund is correctly identified as coming from 32Red Plc, a company quoted on the London stock exchange and conducting a business that is perfectly legal in the UK.

Perhaps the biggest risk is that the card will reject the payment as it breaches the terms, rather than accept it and expect the card holder to remedy the breach by providing a verified means of repaying the surplus.

It's only an issue where the win is significantly in excess of the usual spending on the card. Lesser payments simply part pay the balance, and was how I usually handled the issue on my Barclaycard. I had the problems near the end after Barclaycard changed how they handled gambling transactions, and it lead me to no longer use the card to deposit, but some hefty withdrawals were still due to go back to the card, and this meant they no longer just part paid the balance from the current batch of deposits, but lead to a substantial credit balance building up. I had to shunt 4 figure sums from the card to my bank more than once before the systems adjusted to my new deposit methods.

This also illustrates why their preference for card deposits is a BAD idea for the PLAYERS. 32Red would rather players did not switch to Neteller, but had YOU been using Neteller, you would not be in this situation at all, no matter how much over your regular monthly spend the win was.

To avoid being in this situation in future, switch to a wallet like Neteller. You can register and verify a bank account with Neteller, and shunt any surplus from a large win from Neteller to your bank, a process that takes about a week.

Another example from my experience is when my Tesco MasterCard got over funded by a 4 figure sum. It was NOT easy to get the surplus back, and in the end Tesco told me I had to dispute the direct debit with the bank and retrieve the surplus that way instead, as they were not willing to send it to my bank themselves. The debit was part of the problem, as effectively my payment had been made twice, with Tesco having taken the debit after the balance had already been paid in full, resulting in a large surplus credit. It shows that it very much depends on the card provider as to how easy it is to resolve such a problem.

Not sure why but recently, I have had a lot more trouble getting hold of anyone on the live chat.

Most recently Friday this occurred, trying to get a paypal withdrawal flushed before the cut off point. At least 7 times I clicked the live chat button, waited, and waited, until it eventually just timed out. Around 30-40 minutes, after emailing in, but still trying the live chat option (just in case) Georgina finally answered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back