2018 / 19 Premier League

Nate

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
webmeister
PABaccred
CAG
Hi

I know there are quite a bit of footy fans in hiding on this forum.

So, the Premier League seems to be hotting up a bit. With Liverpools loss to Man City last night, they are only 4 points clear of City and now 6 of Spurs.

How do you expect the season to pan out? Will Liverpool lift the coveted EPL title they so desperately need or will City pip them to the title?

Where do you think Spurs will end up and will United make the top 4?

Lastly - Who do you support or follow?

Nate

Hopefully the mighty Leeds go up this year :D

I loved Leeds as a kid as they were winning at the time. If anyone asked me who I supported, I would say Leeds...

It's sad they went down so many tiers but I would love to see them one day competing at the very top - where they belong.

Nate

I have supported Wolves since I was 5 and stuck with them through thick and thin (more thin than thick it has to be said). There has been some awful lows in those years but I was never one to change my team for another that was winning everything. Now we have exciting and interesting times at the Molineux. It’s great that Wolves are now able to compete in every game whereas previous visits to the premier league have always been a relegation battle from the first match of the season. Who will win the title is a tricky one to call after last nights result. City have the experience of handling the pressure when it comes to the last few games but Liverpool have proved they are a complete unit and I am sure Klopp has everything you need as a manager. On the face of what little I saw of the game I think Liverpool will feel unfortunate not to have come away with a point and technically it is in their hands so I will go for Liverpool to win it. 1. Liverpool 2. Man City 3. Spurs 4. Man Utd.

Hopefully Spurs will win it. They haven't spent hundreds of millions on overrated overseas players (apart from sissoko who is one of the worst players in the league!) And plus they have the best striker in the world and Golden Boot winner who deserves a premier league winners medal! Just like Shearer did in his day - I am played he got one at Blackburn! Would be nice to see Leeds back in the prem too I agree. The championship is an awesome division - so competitive!

It'd be good to see Spurs winning it, sets a good example of not throwing money at a problem. They tried that years ago and failed. Doing better now they haven't spent loads.

I have supported Wolves since I was 5 and stuck with them through thick and thin (more thin than thick it has to be said). There has been some awful lows in those years but I was never one to change my team for another that was winning everything. Now we have exciting and interesting times at the Molineux. It’s great that Wolves are now able to compete in every game whereas previous visits to the premier league have always been a relegation battle from the first match of the season. Who will win the title is a tricky one to call after last nights result. City have the experience of handling the pressure when it comes to the last few games but Liverpool have proved they are a complete unit and I am sure Klopp has everything you need as a manager. On the face of what little I saw of the game I think Liverpool will feel unfortunate not to have come away with a point and technically it is in their hands so I will go for Liverpool to win it. 1. Liverpool 2. Man City 3. Spurs 4. Man Utd.

I regard Wolves as one of the most dangerous teams on their day...

I know the big teams will drop points against them - and it has happened a lot this season. The only problem is consistency for them. They bring their A game against the top 6 then falter against lesser teams...

They will give Liverpool a tough time in the FA CUP in a few days and I expect that they may just knock us out. Klopp loves exiting in the early stages :lolup:

Nate

I'm a Hull City fan of 40+ years so I've experienced a lot of lows to go with the few highs we've had in recent times. Currently on a massive low thanks to our awful owners, the sooner they are gone the better and I can get back to going to matches again.

I thought I would never say this, but I'd like to see Liverpool win this season. I don't normally like them, but I love Klopp and I'm a massive fan of Andy Robertson, so yeah, them.

Incidentally, @Glassheart, this must still be fresh in the memory...

Muhahaha! :thumbsup:

It'd be good to see Spurs winning it, sets a good example of not throwing money at a problem. They tried that years ago and failed. Doing better now they haven't spent loads.

I think they can't afford to as a direct result of their stadium... IMO they would have reinforced if they honestly had lots of money to spend. I don't think Daniel Levy is one of those who likes parting with money either.

Arsenal are a great example - they built a phenomenal team and became scrooges with Wenger at the helm... They eventually lost pace. Liverpool were also headed that way and spent the money on their GK and CB which has ultimately improved them vastly.

If Tottenham go on to win it, I will applaud them, but I dont think they have the squad depth to go all the way.

Nate

I loved Leeds as a kid as they were winning at the time. If anyone asked me who I supported, I would say Leeds...

It's sad they went down so many tiers but I would love to see them one day competing at the very top - where they belong.

Nate

Besides the awesome kit they also had Hasselbaink :)

I've seen a great game yesterday, good football. Since the Kuijt are I've been more a fan of Liverpool when it comes down to premier league football. Now with van Dijk and Wijnaldum especially.
But Klopp is just a cool character, so all combined I really hope that Liverpool will win the league.

Kr.

Besides the awesome kit they also had Hasselbaink :)

I've seen a great game yesterday, good football. Since the Kuijt are I've been more a fan of Liverpool when it comes down to premier league football. Now with van Dijk and Wijnaldum especially.
But Klopp is just a cool character, so all combined I really hope that Liverpool will win the league.

Kr.

Klopp is probably the most likeable manager in the PL. Journalists love him.

Van Dijk - Now that is another beast. Probably the best center back in the world now. Massive wall at the back.

Who can ever forget Dirk Kuyt - That guy never stopped running. The son of a fisherman. Loved his passion.

Nate

Big Liverpool fan here :) been to England few times to watch them, first time all the way back in 88 :)
so as you can imagine a lil downbeat after yesterdays game but i belivie we can go all the way this year
dont see why we cant go on another 20 games unbeaten run :)

Big Liverpool fan here :) been to England few times to watch them, first time all the way back in 88 :)
so as you can imagine a lil downbeat after yesterdays game but i belivie we can go all the way this year
dont see why we cant go on another 20 games unbeaten run :)

You´ll never walk alone *sing*

ANYBODY BUT LIVERPOOL! :D

As a United fan, one that is actually from Manchester, this season has been a shocker and seeing Liverpool lift the trophy would compound it even further!

That being said though, I do actually really like Klopp and despite him managing Liverpool I still like him, he's a very infectious character. I also think the team that plays the best football should win the league, that team this season is Liverpool but I'm hoping they "slip" up like they did a few seasons ago.

So seeing the trophy being lifted in the Blue Half of Manchster is more preferential to me than seeing it being lifted on Merseyside!

This is the perfect example of being trapped between a rock and a hard place, having to choose between City or Liverpool. Maybe Spurs can pull off a miracle!

Liverpool where responsible for keeping British football on the World stage for many years and helped the Premiership more than any to become one of the biggest Leagues in the World capable of attracting the very best players. I would love to see them win the Prem for the first time since its inception.

I'm a Newcastle fan and all I want is to see our owner Mick Ashley out and to have new owners who will invest in a team that we can be proud of again. Not to win something,but for us to be entertainers once more and to give us some hope

Who can ever forget Dirk Kuyt - That guy never stopped running. The son of a fisherman. Loved his passion.

Nate

And he got a massive thank you and goodbye game:

Now youth coach at the Feyenoord Academy. The creme de la creme of Football academies :)

Kr. Jan

That might be there business done though. They seem to have enough in all positions now. If they keep hold of Wilson too that will be an awesome strike force! King might leave. Spurs were banging them in again tonight even though it was only tranmere!

Now solanke's signed, wilson will probably be off to chelsea for about £50-60 million. I think Eddie howe needs to go back to his old way of spotting gems from the lower divisions, the last player bournemouth bought off liverpool was jordan ibe for about 20m too and he hasn't really progressed, he was meant to be the next sterling :rolleyes: Maybe solanke can come good though with more game time. Fraser will be the next to be sold, a good, tenacious attacking player, might suit tottenham or some where like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back