Who are your favorite All-Time Sports Stars?

top ten though???

Pete Rose????? I can't see it..... There are plenty of better players before him....He was good though......But Great???? And Frank Thomas... Not even close....:D

Pete Rose????? I can't see it..... There are plenty of better players before him....He was good though......But Great???? And Frank Thomas... Not even close....:D
I based the picks on athletes that I have seen in my lifetime,sports I follow as I knew nothing about hockey til my hometown got a NHL team now probably headed to Ontario, and as thread said favorites rather than best. I never got to see the Mantle,Cobb,Ruth,DiMaggio,The other Sugar Ray,Louis, Brown,Sayers,Unitas,Starr,Russell in his prime,ETC. That being said, 10 picks just is not enough and my 11th would be Dr.J.

got ya!!!

DR J yeah another Great!!! There are so many...Coming up with a top 10 is very difficult. I looked at my list and could easily change a bunch of my picks... Tiger Woods probably should have been second for me.... :thumbsup:

i am enjoying watching Lebron... That 25 straight pt performance was amazing!!! This guy is an all around great already... I can only dream of the Knicks aquiring him in the future sometime when he is in his 30's

My Top ten are....

1. M.J. "Probably the greatest athlete of all time"

2. Lebron James "This guy is the next M.J" i know its early..But he will be...

3. Wayne Gretzky "Come on people Hockey counts"

4. Wilt Chamberlin 100 pts a game!!! Need I say more

5. Larry Bird and Magic Johnson!!!

6. The Babe!!! Babe Ruth was unreal for his time and era

7. Ali!!! Without a doubt one of the greatest boxers of all time... Float like a butterfly and sting like a BEE!!! :eek:

8. Mike Tyson.... In his day he was unstoppable...:D

9. Joey D..... Do I even need to say why.... All around great....

10. Frank Thomas??? No chance!!!! lol Barry Bonds!!!! Steroids don't count... got to be natural talent like Nolan RYAN!!!!! Man that guy through heat!!!!!:notworthy

I often wonder how many *Wayne Gretzkys* there would be if most players did what he did which was basically hang around the opponents net waiting for the puck while the rest of the players were out there fighting for the puck just to hand it to him so he could rise to the *all time great player* that most THINK he is. Just my humble opinion ;)

1. Micheal Jordan: By far the best athlete I have seen play any sport ever!

2. Pete Rose: Outside the contriversy perhaps the best to play the game

3. Tiger Woods: I love golf and he did a lot for the game.

4. Mark Mcgwire: Perhaps the most exicted I have ever been in sports when him and Sammy Sosa were in the "Race for the Chase"

5. Annika Sorenstam: She has also did a number for golf. She is not half bad looking either.

6. Cal Ripken: Played in a record 2632 consecutive major league baseball games. I struggle to go to work 5 times a week, and he can do it 2632 times in a row! :notworthy

7. Lava-man: My favorite race horse. He is still racing and still winning with an exception of the race at Dubai.

8. Barry Sanders: Would have shattered records if he would have not went into early retirement.

9. Nolan Ryan: This guy could flat out pitch!

10. Lance Armstrong: Overcame a lot, and came out on top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back