Which Headset for yourtube etc

colinsunderland

RIP Colin
Can any of the members who record for youtube or twitch help me a bit please :)

Looking for a cheap headset just for recording over videos I'm recording of sessions, but I'm slightly confused.

I've seen gaming headsets that seem to only have one jack plug, if they are plugged into the headphone socket of a pc then how do they record voice? Surely you need one plug for audio out and one for the microphone? If you do only need one then surely a pair of HP you get with a phone would work (obviously not the best quality though).
Or do you need to go for a pair with a USB connector or something?

I was looking at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
or something similar if anyone can recommend something? Don't want to spend a fortune as it will just be for odd videos, not loads.

EDIT: or maybe something like these

Logitech Wireless G930. It has a flip down mic and i used it to stream on twitch with no issues. It also had a high rating on amazon and a lot of youtubers use it. And very reasonably priced. :thumbsup:

Im pretty sure it connects with usb and one audio jack cable and provide both sound and the mic on the same audio line.

Can any of the members who record for youtube or twitch help me a bit please :)

Looking for a cheap headset just for recording over videos I'm recording of sessions, but I'm slightly confused.

I've seen gaming headsets that seem to only have one jack plug, if they are plugged into the headphone socket of a pc then how do they record voice? Surely you need one plug for audio out and one for the microphone? If you do only need one then surely a pair of HP you get with a phone would work (obviously not the best quality though).
Or do you need to go for a pair with a USB connector or something?

I was looking at
or something similar if anyone can recommend something? Don't want to spend a fortune as it will just be for odd videos, not loads.

EDIT: or maybe something like these

I also looked at the one you linked on amazon and to be honest although they may be cheap. But will most likely be rubbish quality and will break on you in a month or two. Just spend 40 - 50 quid if you can and get a better brand like logitech or something similar it will have a higher quality sound and mic and last much longer. :thumbsup:

I also looked at the one you linked on amazon and to be honest although they may be cheap. But will most likely be rubbish quality and will break on you in a month or two. Just spend 40 - 50 quid if you can and get a better brand like logitech or something similar it will have a higher quality sound and mic and last much longer. :thumbsup:

thanks for that, I've just looked for the 920 you mentioned and it seems to be discontinued, and its replacement the 933 is £132 which is above what I want to pay :(

The cheap amazon one gets pretty good reviews, over 2100 and 81% 4 or 5 stars, so not sure what to make of it, I read quite a few reviews and on the whole people seem impressed, the main reason for less than 5 stars seems to be that windows 10 seems to have problems with drivers resulting in 2.0 rather than 7.1 sound, which isn't really a problem for playing slots I would have thought.

I managed to get hold of a Sennheiser cc 550 a couple of years ago for £25, good quality sound, but they are selling for £60 upwards on ebay now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back