Where is winbig?

Hi guys,

Just see this now - he's been at 3Dice the 8th, the day before this thread was started - that's a week ago now, but not quite a month .. I'll keep an eye out and keep you guys posted.

Enzo

Ill try and check it out, he lives aout 15 minutes from me and I have his full name and town he lives in. Ill IM him first. Maybe he hit it big in Vegas and stayed for a couple of weeks . Ill let you know if i hear something

Hello

I dont know what else I can do. I have called 2 different phone numbers, one is disconnected and noone answers the other one and has no voice mail. I have IM'd him a few times and he didnt send a message back.

Im keeping on it, just dont have anything to tell you guys yet

I have thought about Winbig going MIA, like a lot here have. I like and respect him and have enjoyed his presence here.

But, I have also had the thought that he might have given up gambling, cold turkey, which would include immediate disassociating himself from everything and everyone involved with gambling. This is very common with gamblers and others that have made life change choices.

I try to think of that as a possible explanation, instead of thinking of only bad scenarios with him. :)

Last edited:
I have thought about Winbig going MIA, like a lot here have. I like and respect him and have enjoyed his presence here.

But, I have also had the thought that he might have given up gambling, cold turkey, which would include immediate disassociating himself from everything and everyone involved with gambling. This is very common with gamblers and others that have made life change choices.

I try to think of that as a possible explanation, instead of thinking of only bad scenarios with him. :)
......i sent bb and kakatta a p.m yesterday with the same thought, i talked to my cousin who talks with people who have addictions and sorts, he told me it is possable that he may be in rehab, that would explain the no phone call, emails, ect. when someone goes cold turkey from gambling or drinking they must give up friends and everything that would remind one of the vice they are trying to be rid of. i didnt want to post what i had thought and had asked, but id like to think this is what has happened instead of something far worse...............laurie

But Dom called his parents.
You would think they would give Dom a call back right?
.....being a nurse yourself tom, if one wanted to distance themselves from any addiction, if this is the case and im just putting this out there on a limb, the family would be the ones that would want to keep that loved one protected and not answer phone calls. it was interesting talking to my cousin about this, you have to cut ties with all your addictive lifelines, this is for anyone that wants to over come any form of addiction, i just hope its nothing wrong, maybe just the eye surgery or something not to bad..................laurie

Yes with the Hipaa law nothing can be said about him.
And if someone does find out please don't say anything he is going through.because someone can use Hipaa if they like too.
Like me if I said anything I can lose my licences where other people can be sued for it.
But for his parents they can atleast call and say nothing if they like too and just say everything is ok.

I don't think it has to do with addiction, although of course I may be wrong.

If there was an addiction it was gambling, as far as drugs go he was clean, and he didn't touch alcohol at all.

But, usually with a gambling addiction, you need money to keep the wolves away. If he needed money he would have asked me for some.

I am very seriously worried. His parents seem to have their phone permanently on an answering machine. His is still connected - but no answer ever.

We spoke on a daily basis, then he told me about his eye problems and how he needed to see a doctor and that was the last time I heard anything.

I really think if it was gambling I would have known.

I have really tried to find out something, anything via the web and I've had no luck.
I feel the same as Dominique, I think what ever happened is health related.

I don't think there is much else we can do on our own, unless we use one of those paid services on the web. If that is something most feel we should go with.......any recommendations?

I don't think it has to do with addiction, although of course I may be wrong.

If there was an addiction it was gambling, as far as drugs go he was clean, and he didn't touch alcohol at all.

But, usually with a gambling addiction, you need money to keep the wolves away. If he needed money he would have asked me for some.

I am very seriously worried. His parents seem to have their phone permanently on an answering machine. His is still connected - but no answer ever.

We spoke on a daily basis, then he told me about his eye problems and how he needed to see a doctor and that was the last time I heard anything.I really think if it was gambling I would have known.

Dom, I think you may be right.............didn't I read that he was recently active on 3dice chat?

I do not want to scare anyone so let me just say that 12 years ago I was having eye problems and after seeing a number of doctors in various specialties, a neurologist gave me some bad news. My life changed very suddenly and the friends I had at the time went away. It's just human nature to distance yourself from life "before diagnosis" and "after diagnosis." I can only speculate about Winbig and his current situation, although the words "eye problems" struck a nerve.

Dom, I think you may be right.............didn't I read that he was recently active on 3dice chat?

I can only speculate about Winbig and his current situation, although the words "eye problems" struck a nerve.

Yes, he seemed to have been active at 3dice shortly after he disappeared... could also have been someone then with access to his computer...

I checked on his eye problems and it can mean all kinds of things. Not good.

We met in Vegas just a couple weeks or so before he disappeared, and he was looking great, eating right, enjoying life. He had a nice hit on wolfrun, and I'll never forget how he jumped up and danced around, everyone came running to look. So he was feeling great then.

He must have been seriously worried about his eyes, things were suddenly getting progressively worse very quickly after he got home. He was looking for info online about it...and that's just the last clue I have.

You would think his parents would give someone a heads up on what's going on with him.
If someone can give me his real name I can do things on it on this end.
& I can't give out my source because of the hippa if that's ok with all of you.

I know his real name and he lives about 15 minutes from me and I still cant find him. Answering machine on all the time. I have a couple of addresses. maybe this weekend I can take a drive. He was suppose to have a double date with me and my best friend and husband. My friend hasnt heard from him. Dominique is right, he doesnt drink or do drugs, been there and done that with an ex so I know for sure its not that (not drugs).

Im sorry Tom, I wish i could give his real name but that would break a confidence and Im sure most would agree . Ill do some more research this weekend and get back to you

Sorry guys, I didn't know things had gotten this serious.
Winbig and I used to chat via Im early in the night every night online and then text almost every night after midnight.

I found myself having to move in May and have been really busy, My cell number changed and I assumed that was why I had not heard from him. It wasn't until I read this thread that it dawned on me I haven't' seen him on IM either and after reading it I am really worried too. :confused:

I will be keeping my eye on this thread everyday now.
I want to thank everyone for their input because if it were not for you guys, I never would have known how serious it was.

My prayers will be with him and that he shows up safely. :confused:

Heads up.

Hi Guys,

Winbig is still live and kicking, and I'm sure he appreciates the concern. I wont post in this thread again and leave that up to him for if and when he's comfortable with that again.

Don't worry about it to much guys, it looks like its just a choice to stay away for a bit.

Kindest Regards,

Enzo

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back