What drives you to play slots?

greylady

A greyhound loves you more than you love yourself!
I just wondered what the driving factor is for you all that you return to the slots day after day or week after week? Is it in the hope of winning a Jackpot, purely for entertainment or for whatever other reason?

I came about slots as I work from home and my work can be pretty intense so it is a distraction for me when my head gets bogged down with my work. It would appear it is extremely difficult or nigh on impossible to get ahead. After playing the slots battles at Videoslots this week, my average RTP is something like 70%, which means I am never ahead and it is a kind of reality check that for every win there is a multitude of losses that came before the win - so for what reason do you keep returning?

Me and the wife work quite demanding jobs and have three kids under 7, I guess you need to switch off after some days to stay sane. She would have a glass of wine the size of fish bowl and I would have a few spins. Or a few thousand spins if lucky ;) Then it's back to normality.

Most of us need to get our kicks somewhere, slots is my thing. Used to be poker, but realized I don't have time for that and there are quicker ways to lose money :D

I return to slots because of previous successes on them and hope to recreate those. I play them knowing my prior feats on them and that's the benchmark I aim to repeat, mostly without joy.

I load up DOA and instantly harp back to those wildline shenanigans, or the 9-liners for those times I'd turn £2 into £500 etc.

Past experiences play a large part in driving my slot play because I know it can and does happen, often when you don't expect it.

Entertainment comes from getting what I consider a fair game, so I'll happily lose £50 with several bonus rounds as opposed to your bankroll going straight south. That's anti- entertainment :mad:

I didn't know anything about online slots until one day my mom told me she won a grand playing slots
I never paid attention to slots until my sister told me she was playing slots online and told me to try it out
at first i would play until i went bust and i never made a withdrawal until like 12th deposit
now i usually deposit 30 at a time and cashout when i hit about $250-$600
it's not greed but i do enjoy playing slots and most i've cashed out on withdrawal would be $1200 but i remember reversing until it was $800 then i quit for a few months

That 1 spin is all you need, and you could get a nice big win ready to cashout. That and the thrill and entertainment of the features/bonus rounds.

Entertainment comes from getting what I consider a fair game, so I'll happily lose £50 with several bonus rounds as opposed to your bankroll going straight south. That's anti- entertainment :mad:

Exactly! I don't mind losing if there is game time but it happens so often when a slot will bleed you dry without a sniff of a bonus but plenty of teasers but I suppose that is the name of the game, it's like 'psychological warfare' :D

My brain is always going so I play slots to switch off and tune out kind of like pot but legal:D I also play because the possibility of winning is there. I love it when the bonus hits, the sound of big wins and the OMG I just won x amount of money for relatively little (at least in that session anyway:p) So its a combination of the above for me that keeps me coming back.

I just wondered what the driving factor is for you all that you return to the slots day after day or week after week? Is it in the hope of winning a Jackpot, purely for entertainment or for whatever other reason?
I don't play "Jackpot slots" and I never expect to get the top-pay on any game I play - even though I play mostly the low variance ones.
But I keep coming back hoping for that little run of good wins which will allow me a good cash-out.
And they aren't that rare: I would say that this year I have run €/£300-400 deposits up to 3 or 4 times that amount at least a dozen times - not even betting that big.
A few times I have actually cashed-out as well... :rolleyes:

Sometimes I play slots I really like just for the entertainment - much more in hope than expectation of a decent win...

KK

I came about slots as I work from home and my work can be pretty intense so it is a distraction for me when my head gets bogged down with my work. It would appear it is extremely difficult or nigh on impossible to get ahead. After playing the slots battles at Videoslots this week, my average RTP is something like 70%, which means I am never ahead and it is a kind of reality check that for every win there is a multitude of losses that came before the win - so for what reason do you keep returning?

Born silly. Ha!

I grew up in a seaside town with arcades. The flashing lights and sounds of coins hitting tin trays etc grabbed me. It felt good as a nipper fumbling a pocket full of shrapnel. Liked having money, Liked the excitement, Hooked.

Only play online these days and its pretty good at replicating the excitement if not the winnings. Slots were easy to "Read" back in the day. You just cant "Read" an online slot. No advantage :(

I play today..... Because of my childhood and i guess theres a bit of "David & Goliath" in there. I kind of beat the B&M slots, I will win something big one day..Online.

Or die silly. Ha!

I grew up in a seaside town with arcades. The flashing lights and sounds of coins hitting tin trays etc grabbed me. It felt good as a nipper fumbling a pocket full of shrapnel. Liked having money, Liked the excitement, Hooked.

Only play online these days and its pretty good at replicating the excitement if not the winnings. Slots were easy to "Read" back in the day. You just cant "Read" an online slot. No advantage :(
Ditto!
Moved to Hastings when I was 12, in the 70's (yes, I am that old!) - used to love going in the seafront arcades and on the pier with their penny slots and other fun games.
Into my late teens & 20's I became a "fruity addict" and blew a LUDICROUS amount on the darned things :mad:
When the jackpots started going up, so did the cost of playing so I cut down and finally kicked the habit.

Luckily I survived all that until online slots came along - a MUCH better alternative! :thumbsup:

KK

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back