UTourGolf

Simmo!

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
Anyone out there like Golf, then you have to check out UTourGolf. Been playing it with some mates for a few weeks now, and while it could be improved (can't any game?) it is excellent. It's essentially a full-on out-of-the-box PC game you can play for free or money. You need to spend a bit of time in the config screen if you are on a slow PC - but it runs well on my 1.2Ghz pentium with 1024meg of ram.

www.utourgolf.com

If anyone wants a head-to-head, let me know :)

I was checking out the Skillground site this morning and noted that this golf game had almost 900 players active on it - pretty good for an offering launched in Beta format only last September.

Is it now full-on (ie out of Beta) Ian?

I was checking out the Skillground site this morning and noted that this golf game had almost 900 players active on it - pretty good for an offering launched in Beta format only last September.

Is it now full-on (ie out of Beta) Ian?

Think so yes Jetset. It's very good. I'm not convinced that people are ready to play it for "decent" money (yet)...in fact if I'm honest I have doubts about the viability of the whole skillgames market when it comes to betting, as any game of skill is open to abuse and I'm not sure it's possible to legislate for all the methods that could be employed to gain an advantage. But still, it's a great package.

A couple of years back the media and conference programs were full of skill gaming as "the next big wave" but more recently the hype has cooled down a lot.

That said, there have been some big deals done through companies like FUNTech and I think there's still a market for the genre.

Regarding UTourGolf, the original information on it mentioned a ranking and skill grading system to ensure players were not outclassed in matches against more experienced opponents, but a cheat will always find a way to cheat, I guess.

I agree the site is very good. I have played there since the beginning. Cant wait for the touring car chapionship game to become available as real money.

Anyone out there like Golf, then you have to check out UTourGolf. Been playing it with some mates for a few weeks now, and while it could be improved (can't any game?) it is excellent. It's essentially a full-on out-of-the-box PC game you can play for free or money. You need to spend a bit of time in the config screen if you are on a slow PC - but it runs well on my 1.2Ghz pentium with 1024meg of ram.

www.utourgolf.com

If anyone wants a head-to-head, let me know :)

Simmo, I've been practicing up a little lately here...we may have to have us a heads up match sometime...what's your screen name there ?? :D

Simmo, I've been practicing up a little lately here...we may have to have us a heads up match sometime...what's your screen name there ?? :D

Muppet... no, that's not right.

FelineFiend... erm... don't think so.

HurryCurry... nah.

Must be something boring like Simmo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back