UK Gambling Act Review consequences

Lameloball

Newbie member
I am new to site so apologies if misplaced.

Does anyone know when review is complete and when changes will be defined and implemented?

Would be interested to understand if :

Sports in-play betting will really be banned?
There will be stake limits?
Will be loss limits?

Me and my mates only really do high stakes sports bets for high odds-on in play betting so am concerned that my days are numbered?

Thanks

I can’t imagine for one minute that the limits ‘allegedly’ discussed for max stakes on slot games (£2) like in the bookies would ever apply to the sports betting industry.

Would kill the industry dead overnight. In fact it wouldn’t even take that long.

That said if you’re actually any good at sports betting, the bookies won’t let you bet that much anyway!!!

I can’t imagine for one minute that the limits ‘allegedly’ discussed for max stakes on slot games (£2) like in the bookies would ever apply to the sports betting industry.

Would kill the industry dead overnight. In fact it wouldn’t even take that long.

That said if you’re actually any good at sports betting, the bookies won’t let you bet that much anyway!!!
Yeah I agree, and I haven't seen anything that says this will be the case, nor have I seen anything that says in play will be dead either.
In play going would kill the industry too.

It's pretty much guaranteed to place larger stakes you will have to go through SoW, like you do now to be a VIP anywhere, not so much for the stakes, but for deposit/loss limits.

So my tactic was to lay $400 on 1/4 odds on sports bets in football and basketball and usually win $100 a time.

Also, I used to do a lot of in-play bets. Hope in- play stays untouched.

Does anyone know when these changes come in? I am hearing October..

If slots stakes are brought into line with the high street bookies, does that mean no more SOW and the likes because you can walk in there and stick a thousand in (if you’re stupid enough), no questions asked so it should work both ways imo.

If slots stakes are brought into line with the high street bookies, does that mean no more SOW and the likes because you can walk in there and stick a thousand in (if you’re stupid enough), no questions asked so it should work both ways imo.
If that happens it's staff not doing their jobs properly. They are supposed to do SoW on people, and do.

Never once asked, when I used to go in. Admittedly a couple of years since but easy to circumvent by using different shops. A mate of mine who works for Corals admitted they purposely try to avoid asking customers for fear of losing them.

Never once asked, when I used to go in. Admittedly a couple of years since but easy to circumvent by using different shops. A mate of mine who works for Corals admitted they purposely try to avoid asking customers for fear of losing them.
Well yeah. Do a SOW in any run down urban area and you’d lose the majority of your customers (from an RG perspective).

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back