Tribeca out of USA

jetset

RIP Brian
TRIBECA LOWERS THE BOOM ON U.S. ONLINE POKER

Move announced months ago when online poker network was acquired by Playtech

In an expected but still unwelcome move this week, the online poker network Tribeca Tables has announced that it will no longer welcome new US players, and that with effect from February 28 all US IP addresses will be locked out.

The liklihood of such a move was announced some time previously when the company was taken over by turnkey provider Playtech, but still comes as a shock for US players, who are being increasingly excluded from enjoying their favourite game over the Internet in the wake of the US Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act.

The implementation of the ban will add new urgency to the efforts to find another US-friendly network by several leading sites, including those belonging to poker legend Doyle Brunson. Sources have claimed that these popular sites are developing their own network, and the news will undoubtedly accelerate this process, perhaps enabling a re-launch as early as March. Meanwhile, non-US players will continue to be serviced.

In 100% agreement with all the replies posted so far.

Kudos, to Tribeca for at least giving their USA players, advance warning of the future pullout. At least they are not leaving US customers 'high and dry' right before they put them 'out in the cold' as others have.

Hi,

Yea it is sad to leave Tribeca. I have worked with many Poker Rooms before and have to say that I really like Tribeca, the platform and their layout.

We at Poker Host will still be accepting US players and therefore we will move to a new network, Prima Poker/ Mirogaming. However the following states are banned for playing poker at Prima:

Michigan
Illinois
Louisiana
Oregon
Wisconsin
Washington
Indiana
Nevada
South Dakota
New York
New Jersey

Many thanks

/Tomas

Hi,

Yea it is sad to leave Tribeca. I have worked with many Poker Rooms before and have to say that I really like Tribeca, the platform and their layout.

We at Poker Host will still be accepting US players and therefore we will move to a new network, Prima Poker/ Mirogaming. However the following states are banned for playing poker at Prima:

Michigan
Illinois
Louisiana
Oregon
Wisconsin
Washington
Indiana
Nevada
South Dakota
New York
New Jersey

Many thanks

/Tomas

Good deal....Curious though, why Prima? There's rumors flying around that MG will also pull out of the USA as well, pulling Prima with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back