Thought I would start a poll about the new site theme (sorry Bryan!)

New Theme What do you think?

• Its Great!! Keep it!

Votes: 28 41.8%
  • Its a work in progress, lets see how it develops

Votes: 22 32.8%
  • Bring back the 70's look

Votes: 12 17.9%
  • Don't care, I've got sunglasses :)

Votes: 5 7.5%

• Total voters

darkpixie

Dormant account
I am curious to know... if you like the new theme or prefer the old one...

I'm going to wait to vote. My initial response was I didn't like it at all, now that I've visited a few times, I leaning towards I don't like it as well.

I'm old, and I don't like change that much, lol.

But CM is a great forum, not like changes to the appearance would drive me away.

I think it is great! It is bright and colorful and the other was a bit tired and stale! However, I hope there is still more to come, it just doesn't seem complete!

Thanks for the input - and as I mentioned in the other thread, you can now select which "style" you like. Just scroll down to the bottom of this page (or any page for that matter) and you'll see a pull down menu that allows you to select this style or the "Classic Gold" :p

I'll be adding more as time permits.

I should add - this only goes for the forum. The rest of the site is in the new current mode.

i just think if you going to change anything its the YELLOWtotally out of the equation lol . i think it woul dlook good if it was more techie looking without the yellow. for some reason yellow makes me wanna do two things either go to the bathroom or build a brick road :)

Glad we were given a choice. I was tired of hanging this printed screenshot of the old theme over my monitor everytime I came back. :)

This has prompted a strong reaction (rather than my usual MO of mainly observing/ reading the forum posts) from me. Something about the main red/blue primary colours... it's just so uninviting, not to mention the clashing with gold and then the white combination... sorry Bryan but big time yuk!! Even if you can choose a different combination, if this is your default, I really think it's unattractive. Not that it would stop me from visiting and reading... but it really is so ... oh so ... wrong! :puke:

Last edited:
Thanks for the input - and as I mentioned in the other thread, you can now select which "style" you like. Just scroll down to the bottom of this page (or any page for that matter) and you'll see a pull down menu that allows you to select this style or the "Classic Gold" :p

My eyes thank you for the option to change it back.:D

ThSomething about the main red/blue primary colours... it's just so uninviting, not to mention the clashing with gold and then the white combination... sorry Bryan but big time yuk

You need to check out Simmo's Stylin' Style then :p

I think it would be nice to add some type of wallpaper like the old background had to make it look more sophisticated and give it some dimension. Also, the light grey might be nicer if it was just a tad darker.

Even the Simmo style has these bright red bars across that hurt my eyes, I was expecting muppet blue. I have switched back to the classic gold scheme.

I am also back on the classic theme and I'm glad Bryan gave us that option.
There is a reason we don't see books printed with bright colour backgrounds on the pages - the new colour scheme would be fine outside the forum where there is not so much reading to be done IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back