The Diary of a Crap Poker Player

Snowman

Dormant account
Hi everyone,
It's been a while since I posted here as I've been busy sorting out the new site but have kept in touch with a couple of you (you know who you are). Now I'm back I look forward to seeing some old friends again.
The diary has come along in leaps and bounds and we're now into Day 66 so if you want to catch up the link is:

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

There's a link directly back to this site to save you going through your bookmarks.
Hope you like it and, as usual, I welcome your comments. I'll try to get to the London meeting next week and buy a few drinks.

Snowman

XXX

PS. Nice to be back

Welcome back Snowman :)
For awhile I thought maybe you had melted away :p

Great Site !

Thanks for your nice comments, I really appreciate them.
Day 67 now posted.

Hope you like it

Snowman

XXX

Snowman, I like your site man...funny...informative...great blog diary... but I wish I could have found more pics of the hott nude ladies though that you warn us about....WARNING: THIS SITE CONTAINS STRONG LANGUAGE
AND NUDE IMAGES...:cool::D:D:D

My spam detector is twitching hard....

Snowman, If you want to find out how to really promote your site PM me, I don't charge much.

2 questions.

1) why dont you direct your links to the particular day
2) why are you not using a free blog service such as wordpress?

Hey Gary
Posting direct to the day makes sense. I'll do that as from tomorrow.
With regard to the free blog space; well, I started it about 3 months ago with a free blog space site but changed it for a few reasons. Firstly the provider didn't recognise copyright and I didn't much like the idea of letting them use anything carte blanche. When I started the blog it was only really to amuse a few friends and I was only getting about 25 or 30 hits a day. It grew to a couple of hundred over the first month and someone suggested it could become commercially viable so I took the plunge and got an independent provider that would allow advertising and so on. It's since gone a bit mad and now I'm getting about 10,000 hits a day so it's getting to a point where companies might want to get involved. I might put a few feelers out if I get to a million a month. Since I changed providers I've also been asked to write something for a well known poker magazine which should be published in a couple of months so I guess it was correct in at least one respect. I still get a real kick out of writing it and I get some nice feedback from people who read it which kinda makes it worthwhile. A paid server gives me a lot more freedom to develop it, plus of course it feels really funky finding out I can make a few people laugh every day. However, I'm still pretty new to this so any more suggestions are really useful.
Hope this explains everything.
Thanks again for your feedback
Snowman

Snowman, I think this is a wordpress blog

You can use wordpress & you keep all rights to your site

It saves a lot of hassle and you can integrate it into your website, keeping your own domain. It has extra benefits including rrs subscribers. A lot easier to run once its up and running. Your latest day will be on the homepage.

Personally I dont know how to set it up for you but im sure a few on this site do. Its a far better option. join the webmasters section and ask for help. I think you are doing well with your site but to be honest these posts are getting a little spammy. Put your blog in your sig, set up a wordpress account and ping away, you will get a great audience if you keep posting daily with decent content.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back