Texas Hold em Poker Hints Strategies and tips

dave1888

10 years here meister!
PABnononaccred2
mm1
I'll start what could prove to be a very interesting topic. Personally my strategy is to fold hands which I believe have no merit if my chips are way down but if I have loads I always call to see what cards will come up and have often been successful doing this my best tip though is if you have a fantastic hand bluff about this as in if you have a straight or a good hand before the turn I bluff that I am still looking for cards by checking instead of raising the stake then either on the river or the card just before that I go all in or raise it to my opponents balance(if I am confident) this confuses the other player as they think you have just got the card you have needed when really you had the hand the whole time from the turn! its a cruel way to eliminate people but its dog eat dog the world of online poker only the brave survive! Using this strategy I have won umteen hands in a row! Hope this helps new players!

Also pay close attention to cards that are drawn and quickly work out in your head what hands your opponents could make from these cards it should be obvious that you should fold if you only have a pair and no hearts and there are 3-4 hearts on the table that you should immediately fold but believe me some people still call! A guy did that the other night whereas when I saw that many of same suit I got out immediately as its obvious you will get beaten if you plump a pair or even 3ok with odds like that against you!

Last edited:
I'll start what could prove to be a very interesting topic. Personally my strategy is to fold hands which I believe have no merit if my chips are way down but if I have loads I always call to see what cards will come up and have often been successful doing this my best tip though is if you have a fantastic hand bluff about this as in if you have a straight or a good hand before the turn I bluff that I am still looking for cards by checking instead of raising the stake then either on the river or the card just before that I go all in or raise it to my opponents balance(if I am confident) this confuses the other player as they think you have just got the card you have needed when really you had the hand the whole time from the turn! its a cruel way to eliminate people but its dog eat dog the world of online poker only the brave survive! Using this strategy I have won umteen hands in a row! Hope this helps new players!

Also pay close attention to cards that are drawn and quickly work out in your head what hands your opponents could make from these cards it should be obvious that you should fold if you only have a pair and no hearts and there are 3-4 hearts on the table that you should immediately fold but believe me some people still call! A guy did that the other night whereas when I saw that many of same suit I got out immediately as its obvious you will get beaten if you plump a pair or even 3ok with odds like that against you!

How much have you made from online poker then? Surely shouldn't be giving the method out!

only just started playing freerolls a couple of months I did consider not giving it out but will cause no harm as I havent stated where I play or my handle at the poker sites ;) therefore it doesnt matter who knows. I'll enter ones for the big bucks when I am absolutely sure I am ready as I do still make mistakes all a learning curve guys and gals!

fold hands which I believe have no merit if my chips are way down but if I have loads I always call to see what cards will come up

Interesting but this is exactly the opposite of the Sit and Go beginner strategy xhttp://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/sng/2232/1/

The idea behind this strategy is to play only few, very strong cards when you have more than 12 big blinds. Money is only made when the blinds became high. That’s why with 12 big blinds or less you start playing a lot more cards. Then you attack your opponents to push them out of the tournament. This approach gives you a significant advantage against most players.

Can you explain your reasoning for doing the opposite?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Online Poker Sites

This is a very different strategy than what I've seen recommended at
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.
. I'm curious to know what the long-term success of your strategy will be. Also, is it a consistent strategy across all/most of the top online poker sites? (Are there sites where it works better or worse for you?)

owned ;)!.jpgThe strategy described last year is now obsolete for me ;)! I can now bluff,win with complete garbage by knowing where I am at and can hide my big hands away(with the exception of big pocket pairs) these should always be raised unless you only have one person calling behind you then you can trap but I do not do this very often.

I think now that I am more accomplished than I used to be I could give some good strategies for example a hand I played recently it was folded round to me i was in the sb. I have A7 off suit my way of thinking is why raise a weak ace when only one person is against you, they won't fold an ace anyway and if they re-raise you then you really should be folding a weak ace ok so he just checks giving me no info. The flop comes AA9 think two of which are hearts!(I hold no hearts) I opt to check because if he is on a flush draw he will chase more than likely especially if he has the king or queen of hearts he bets into me I call of course turn brings some brick card So now I feel safe to bet my hand as no flush came(villain has no idea i have top set ;) you see!) So I did a pot size bet He called it which did concern me a bit I'm thinking could he have A9 or a bigger set with a king kicker or something. ok so the river comes and its only a 7 I now have a full house! So knowing my opponent has no clue to what I am holding I shove him he calls and shows K9! My Aces full wins! Yes I missed a street of value but if you can find a way of getting it all in on the river then it's all good! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Well thanks for the advice, but if your going to really give sound advice then you really need to catch up on how to really play the game.

This right here is called the Calling Station method, then the player will move on to be a Fish followed by being a Donk.

Now don't get me wrong, I would love to play against this method all day everyday.

This right here is called the Calling Station method, then the player will move on to be a Fish followed by being a Donk. .

Read my latest post I started this thread when I thought I was the mutts nuts I now know I am not but I have developed into a pretty good poker player with some great results including outranking two poker stars team pros in special tourneys ;)!

Read my latest post I started this thread when I thought I was the mutts nuts I now know I am not but I have developed into a pretty good poker player with some great results including outranking two poker stars team pros in special tourneys ;)!

Ok glad your coming along, not sure how that hand illustrates that you have progressed that far, but you do acknowledge you have changed things and got better which is great. Poker is a game of constant changes. The better you can do to change and adapt, the more chances you have to win.

BTW not to take anything away from you, but outranking a poker stars team pro isn't that difficult. Im sure 25% of the memebers now have that title.:D Online poker is definitely a skill, and their is a huge difference between live and online. I have battled the frustration of being able to switch between the two. I have had success in both, but I believe I am a better online player than live.

BTW not to take anything away from you, but outranking a poker stars team pro isn't that difficult. Im sure 25% of the memebers now have that title.:D Online poker is definitely a skill, and their is a huge difference between live and online.

Yeah it was online, I know there is only played in a few peanut live tournaments with mates at my local so not really any pressure but it definitely is different but hey at least in live poker less pocket pairs are floating around! haha! :lolup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back