Logo
external image

Tell us your casino horror story, vote on others, maybe win a prize!

  • Thread starter Thread starter maxd
  • id109184
  • Start date Start date
  • View count 25
  • Replies 2
  • Featured

maxd

Forum & Complaints Team Lead
Staff member
Joined
Jan 20, 2004
Location
Pictland
OK, so the idea is to tell us your best casino horror story (below).

People can upvote any story posted here.

The most popular story gets a nice little prize at the end.

[any posts that aren't a story will be moved to the "Tell us your casino horror story -- Support thread", just to keep things nice and tidy.]
 
I'll go first, to get things started, I'm not in the running though so no need to upvote me.

Years ago we had 1000 complaints about a casino group that was notorious for not paying people, or at least s l o w p a y i n g to the point of ridiculousness. We tried everything to shame these guys into doing the right thing -- Worst Casino Group Award, Bag of D*icks Award, Rogue listing etc etc -- not happening. If anything it got worse as the years went by. They were a blight on the industry, and that's being kind.

After a few years I got on that situation like a dog on a fresh bone, wouldn't let it go. Bryan didn't think all the fuss was worth it, just wanted to let them rot in the Pit, but I wasn't having it.

Finally at one conference we heard through a mutual contact that they were willing to talk to us face to face. Great!, I thought, finally get to nail the bastards!

So the day comes, I've prepped all my notes and I'm going to take these guys to the cleaners. I sit down with the guy and let him have it:

"You've got hundreds of complaints, I said, "more that all the rest of the Rogue casinos combined!"

"Yes, maybe so," he says.

"You've got a dozen Worst awards and more coming!"

He smiles one of those infuriating "sticks and stones" smiles and says nothing.

"Everyone hates you!" I'm getting desperate here. Is any of this going to make an impression?

He nods quietly then shrugs: "not everyone."

"You have bullsh*t bonuses, you invent Terms to cheat people, you never pay anyone unless you're forced to, and even then you stop paying at the first opportunity. How can you run your company this way?"

He is quiet and not at all troubled by my accusations. Finally he says "it's a business model. Maybe not a popular one but ..." and he shrugs a little "sue me" shrug and that was that.
 
Upvote 0
Nice idea for a contest :)

Your example can 'virtually' only be one group. right? :p

Luckily i don't really have any horror stories but i found CM pretty fast in my 'career', which probably helped prevent the worst! But i definitely had some issues over the past decades..

I'll just sit back and read the possibly horrifying entries with a nice cuppa :cool:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Accredited Casinos

Back
Top