Teenagers win big on slots using i-phone recording

steveh35

Dormant Account
Some teenagers claim they have won on the Deal or No Deal slot game by filming the boxes shuffling and playing it back before choosing the box.

I always thought this type of shuffle and pick was just random so will this work on any other game?

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Edit the title they only won tickets so they didn't really win big I assume this sort of thing cannot be won on money paying machines?

If a mod is around can you remove the word big lol teach me to read the whole story first.

I just had a thought Wild Swarm does this with one of the features, if anyone plays Wild Swarm today can they record it and see if they can find out whether it is possible to be able to record and then choose the winning hexagon.

Unfortunately I won't be playing this today to give it a try but it would be interesting to know if this works on a pay slot or if the feature is genuinely random and the shuffling has no effect.

I guarantee you that it will not work.

Looking at the footage, it's an arcade game (not a slot), and after 'abusing' it, the most they got out of it was a game of Jenga, which when being generous is a value of £15. I don't know how much they paid to get to play in the arcade, but it's safe to say the upside of all this isn't enormous.

For online slots there would be two approaches
1) The feature loads and it is predetermined (randomly) what the value would be when you click your 'options'
2) The feature loads and when you click, you get a random prize

Both are random, just executed differently, but definitely no 'skill' involved to choosing the 'right' option

Just curious to know I didn't think any company would be silly enough to allow a record/playback but who knows if it slipped thorough the net.

No, you learn very quickly that if there is the slightest possibility of abuse, you'll get taken to the cleaners. Something as basic as being able to record and slow mo to abuse will never ever be possible.

".....so they ALWAYS win.....and you'll kick yourself for not thinking of it first!"

Jenga. This whole blockbusting piece of journalism was about Jenga " :thumbsup: "

Typical Daily Fail bollocks, but I found that buying their publication makes for great cat litter lining, so not all hope is lost. That's if I can bring myself to carry the rag to the counter without dying of shame :D

These arcade games are actually a rip-off. Its a gamble to be honest and the market is largely unregulated.

I love playing those machines where you can catch the Teddy Bears. When I visit a mall or see an arcade, I usually pop in and find one where the claw is a bit 'Tighter'. I have walked on occasion with over 70 Bears in a session.

I usually just hand them over to the Missus and she starts handing them out to random kids who have been trying to grab one for ages. If one of those games gets emptied too quickly, you will see the staff turn it off or actually add bears that are harder to catch.

Nate

These arcade games are actually a rip-off. Its a gamble to be honest and the market is largely unregulated.

I love playing those machines where you can catch the Teddy Bears. When I visit a mall or see an arcade, I usually pop in and find one where the claw is a bit 'Tighter'. I have walked on occasion with over 70 Bears in a session.

I usually just hand them over to the Missus and she starts handing them out to random kids who have been trying to grab one for ages. If one of those games gets emptied too quickly, you will see the staff turn it off or actually add bears that are harder to catch.

Nate

Erm you do know they are on a % Payout? The claw gets stronger when its taken enough to give a prize.

We used to set ours to about 30% which is a typical setting.

There is still an element of skill as if its "ready" to give one you still need to be accurate to win one its not going to help you other than hold tighter.

We visited a Motorway service station, back in the early 90's where the machine had malfunctioned for some reason and was basically squeezing the life out of the poor teddies, each and every attempt!

We'd just emptied their row of Ace Coin machines so invested a handful of £1 coin's and emptied their teddy machine too!

Back car seats were stacked so high, could bearly see out of the rear window! (Typo intended :oops:)

Can't remember what we ever did with em in the end either lol!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back