Something weird that happened to me...

chayton

aka LooHoo
webmeister
PABnonaccred
CAG
The other thread about the UFOs reminded me of something strange that happened when I was living in Phoenix. Tell me what you guys think.

One afternoon I was in the car with my roommate Luis, we had to drive to this bank in Tempe to cash a check - we lived in South Phoenix so it was less than a mile away. Tempe is where AZ state university is, and the area where the bank was is right in the middle of a very busy area of town.

So we're about 2 blocks away from the bank, traffic's pretty heavy, Luis is driving and he glances over through the passenger side and says, "I didn't know planes could do that..." I said, "Do what?" and I looked over to my right to see what he was looking at. There were a bunch of buildings on the side of the street, different businesses and stuff, but as we're passing you could see between them - right behind the buildings there was an airplane about 20 feet off the ground! I don't know much about planes but it was a big one, like a 727 - you could see it had flashing blue and red lights on the wing on our side. Bear with me, I know this is gonna sound nuts but we both saw it.

At first I though it was crashing - there's no way it couldn't, it was way too low and it was in the middle of the frigging city! But then we noticed that it wasn't even moving - it was like the thing was just hovering there, we couldn't hear it either. We couldn't pull over cause there was too much traffic but we watched it between the buildings til we'd gone past it.

I said "It can't be a real plane, it's gotta be a life sized (plane-sized) balloon or something..." and we decided to go cash the check before the bank closed and then drive back and go over behind the buildings and take a closer look.

Pretty bizarre right? But wait, it gets weirder.

We're talking about it right up to the time we get to the bank, we cash the check, we get in the car, and we drive HOME. We're at home for a couple of hours, a bunch of people come over and we're out in the backyard later that evening having a BBQ, and all of a sudden I said "Holy crap....remember that plane?" and he was like "oh my God, I forgot all about it! We were going to go look at it!" So we're telling people and they're all going "How could you FORGET something like that?" :eek2:

It was like both of us had our memory wiped as soon as we walked out of the bank and we completely forgot about it til hours later. Believe me, a full sized airplane hovering silently 20 feet off the ground in the middle of the afternoon in a busy city isn't something that should just slip your mind! But it did, I don't know what happened there.

Anyhow I still thought it must have been a balloon or some prank or something, so I read all the newpapers and watched the news for the next week or so but there was nothing about a plane or a balloon or anything that looked like a plane...

If it was just me, I'd think it was an acid flashback or a brain tumor or something, but there were two of us that saw it and then 'forgot' that we saw it til it was too late to go look at it.

So what the hell was it?????

chayton, Great story there, there's no telling what it could have been or why neither one of you guys could remember it afterwords. There are way too many strange events and things that go on in this world to be explained sometimes..:)

On another similar note, were you guys living out in Phoenix back a few years ago when everyone saw and reported on the "Phoenix Lights" ? It was witnessed by many in law enforcement also and was all over the news media and still to this day has not been explained.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

____
____

Yep Rob, I saw the lights several times while I was there - mind you, Luke Air Force Base is right there too, so there's a chance it was something to do with them. They denied having any kind of secret aircraft testing but you know....can't trust government agencies right?

Any non-crackpot viewing of a UFO is almost certainly going to be a military exercise, imo. Or an optical illusion, or simple hallucination.

The Phoenix Lights were almost 100% a military exercise. Not only are classified projects against the law to confirm, reveal or otherwise discuss with anyone who hasn't been vetted for a current level of clearance, there are whole departments setup with trained spokespersons who field public and media inquiries. To say their job entails lying, lying and more lying (for the national interest) would be to leave out the fact that they really lie a lot. ;)

But you kind of get a clue what's going on when you read something like this, no?

Wiki said:
Frances Barwood, the 1997 Phoenix city councilwoman who launched an investigation into the event, said that of the over 700 witnesses she interviewed, "The government never interviewed even one".

---------

The most common cause for UFO 'sightings' by non-crackpots is actually hallucination caused by sleep deprivation or exhaustion. It's actually amazing how quickly you can start to hallucinate from sleep deprivation. When we were doing sleep/food deprivation exercises at military academy, after 2 full nights of lost sleep with only 1 meal during that time - combined with 20km [12mile] daily marches heavily weighed down with packs and ammo - almost everyone was hallucinating - it was kinda fascinating yet scary at the same time.

I was one of the last to hallucinate, and kinda suspected everyone who had was talking gibberish, although they were hella convincing - but then on my 2nd watch deep into Night 2, I'm slapping myself awake and there in front of my eyes are two large trees talking to each other. I'm fully alert and conscious (just blanks in the rifle, thank heavens) and standing there in disbelief. It was just...amazing really.

--------

Not really sure why you decided cashing a cheque was more important than checking out a UFO - kinda got no theories on that one - none that you'd want to hear anyway :) - but nah, in all seriousness, it's very weird that you both saw it at the same time - hallucinations can be 'contagious' where an exhausted mind can see what another person might convince him is there, but it's a stretch to assume you were both *that* sleep-deprived and driving around casually.

I have only one theory...

t10neuralizer.jpg

Not really sure why you decided cashing a cheque was more important than checking out a UFO

Two things - First, at the time we didn't think it was a UFO, we thought it was a balloon or something logical - and it was only a block to the bank and we WERE going to check it on the way back. Second, it's obvious that you've never been as broke as we were back then - trust me, sometimes cashing a check is THE most important thing for a large percentage of us mere mortals who aren't you.

...two large trees talking to each other.

What were they saying?

Any non-crackpot viewing...

Who are you calling a non-crackpot? :p

sometimes cashing a check is THE most important thing for a large percentage of us mere mortals who aren't you.

What were they saying?

I grew up on the street. I know the pang of hunger. And the incredibly inconsiderate tropical rains when you're just trying to sleep on a sand dune - but I still reckon I'd go check that UFO out first ;)

You see.....

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

--------

Everyone I tell that story to asks me what the trees were talking about. It was English and there having a discussion of some kind - but for the life of me, I can't remember a word. The tone was definitely civil. They were planning an adventure or something, I think. God I just realise I stupid I sound writing that...:oops:

Everyone I tell that story to asks me what the trees were talking about. It was English and there having a discussion of some kind - but for the life of me, I can't remember a word. The tone was definitely civil. They were planning an adventure or something, I think. God I just realise I stupid I sound writing that...:oops:

:lolup:

I grew up on the street. I know the pang of hunger. And the incredibly inconsiderate tropical rains when you're just trying to sleep on a sand dune - but I still reckon I'd go check that UFO out first ;)

You see.....

I WANT TO BELIEVE!

--------

why does purple haze come to mind right about now

Cindy

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back