SMS speech reader for Iphone

kidgloves

Experienced Member
Does anybody know of an app for Iphone that will read out loud a text or email if you receive one? It needs to be an automated process, or 1 touch "speak" command - mainly for use whilst driving, as I have the phone connected to the car speakers via bluetooth.
Blackberry did this quite well, but iphone for all I can see seems to have a gap in the market.

Does anybody know of an app for Iphone that will read out loud a text or email if you receive one? It needs to be an automated process, or 1 touch "speak" command - mainly for use whilst driving, as I have the phone connected to the car speakers via bluetooth.
Blackberry did this quite well, but iphone for all I can see seems to have a gap in the market.

Apparently according to Apple it's built into the phone. This is what I found which may or may not help you

go to :
setting------> general -----------> accessibility

you can choose in options (speak selection) you can ask siri to read your mail, or text or just select any part of any text

Let me know if it works:)

Iphone sucks :p
*starting holywar? :p*
No, really, phone should be able to making call, nothing else needed. Do not like people who everywhere using phones, on streets, in parks, just sitting and watching on it. What the point? I am spend a lot of times on PC everyday, use something else away from PC? No, thx.
*derail, sorry OP*

Iphone sucks :p
*starting holywar? :p*
No, really, phone should be able to making call, nothing else needed. Do not like people who everywhere using phones, on streets, in parks, just sitting and watching on it. What the point? I am spend a lot of times on PC everyday, use something else away from PC? No, thx.
*derail, sorry OP*

I agree with that one Homerbert, give me a Samsung Galaxy any day:D

I agree with that one Homerbert, give me a Samsung Galaxy any day:D
I use samsung which cost 40$ :D I can't give you galaxy. But phone can make calls, i can accept calls, oh god i can send and receive SMS, and moreover, i can listen music! Great thing!
P.S. what the difference between 'thanks' and 'way to go' ?_?

I use samsung which cost 40$ :D I can't give you galaxy. But phone can make calls, i can accept calls, oh god i can send and receive SMS, and moreover, i can listen music! Great thing!
P.S. what the difference between 'thanks' and 'way to go' ?_?

I have no idea but both are good.:D
I use my 3 year old Samsung Galaxy for calls and texts (it's also got that nifty speak converts to text or email feature which is handy:D) I also use it for time keeping and checking the weather. When I am expecting an email I use it to check that when I am away from home. Don't plan on upgrading until it brakes and it won't be to an Iphone either:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back