Unofficial T&C's Editor
Staff member
webmeister
PABnonaccred
PABnononaccred
CAG
mm3
Farting row in a recent darts tournament, I had to laugh...…:laugh:

Some athletes blame poor performances on the state of the pitch. Others blame it on tactics, or perhaps just a bad day at the office.

But blaming your opponent for farting is definitely a new one.

Yet that's exactly what happened at the Grand Slam of Darts in Wolverhampton, with both Gary Anderson and Wesley Harms denying responsibility for the "rotten egg smells".

Two-time Scottish world champion Anderson, 47, won Friday's match 10-2 to progress to the quarter-finals, but Dutchman Harms, 34, was quick to explain his sub-standard performance by accusing Anderson of leaving a "fragrant smell".

He told Dutch TV station RTL7L: "It'll take me two nights to lose this smell from my nose."

World number four Anderson was not best pleased by the accusation, saying the smell had definitely come "from the table side" at the Aldersley Leisure Village.

"If the boy thinks I've farted he's 1010% wrong. I swear on my children's lives that it was not my fault," he said.

"I had a bad stomach once on stage before and admitted it. So I'm not going to lie about farting on stage.

"Every time I walked past there was a waft of rotten eggs so that's why I was thinking it was him.

"It was bad. It was a stink, then he started to play better and I thought he must have needed to get some wind out.

"If somebody has done that they need to see a doctor. Seemingly he says it was me but I would admit it."

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Well, the Dutch are the biggest nation of darts lovers after the UK and have had many world champions. Sad to see it's turned into the World Farts Championship lol

Just while we are on the sporting theme I have long been saying this and it gets a mixed reaction (although it’s tongue in cheek). Why in the days of EQUALITY, diversity and inclusion do we still only have glamorous female sports presenters that are pleasing to the male eye (or most of us). I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but we all know a Rolls Royce from a Reliant Robin. So are we to believe it’s only beautiful women that have the ability to know anything about sport:laugh:. If I was a big fat ugly bird I would be campaigning for my rights to be interviewing Lewis Hamilton and present Match of the day. Or even better imagine this. Leading out the dart players on one side of MVG you have the stunning super model on the other you have one of the 20 stone munchers you see on Jeremy Kyle.(allegedly I’ve never seen it HONEST).

Just while we are on the sporting theme I have long been saying this and it gets a mixed reaction (although it’s tongue in cheek). Why in the days of EQUALITY, diversity and inclusion do we still only have glamorous female sports presenters that are pleasing to the male eye (or most of us). I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder but we all know a Rolls Royce from a Reliant Robin. So are we to believe it’s only beautiful women that have the ability to know anything about sport:laugh:. If I was a big fat ugly bird I would be campaigning for my rights to be interviewing Lewis Hamilton and present Match of the day. Or even better imagine this. Leading out the dart players on one side of MVG you have the stunning super model on the other you have one of the 20 stone munchers you see on Jeremy Kyle.(allegedly I’ve never seen it HONEST).
What about that Clare from Sky Sports News she is hardly glamourous.

What’s her other name? I haven’t watched sky for a while.
iu

Why do all BBC news channel sports men presenters have to be smug, arrogant, self obsessed with trendy cropped beards and the slick hair gel look and always speak with a smirk on their faces.

Last edited:
They really don't. Some of them can't even read the auto-cue.

Years ago some new bird was doing the early hours segment on Sky Sports News, she was botching her lines so badly I thought they were going to re-shoot the piece with someone else. But they just looped it throughout the night :eek2:

Never saw her present again on there. Mind you, I'd still rather watch her than some militant Honey Monster with purple cropped hair :D

They really don't. Some of them can't even read the auto-cue.

Years ago some new bird was doing the early hours segment on Sky Sports News, she was botching her lines so badly I thought they were going to re-shoot the piece with someone else. But they just looped it throughout the night :eek2:

Never saw her present again on there. Mind you, I'd still rather watch her than some militant Honey Monster with purple cropped hair :D

No, you were watching Sky not BBC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back