Serena Williams beats Victoria Azarenka to win US Open

BingoT

Nurses love to give shots
I have been a Serena Williams fan for a long time.
What a great match.

Serena Williams beats Victoria Azarenka to win US Open

Serena Williams showed incredible resolve to outlast Victoria Azarenka and secure her fourth US Open title.
The 30-year-old lifted her 15th Grand Slam singles crown - and fourth in New York - with a 6-2 2-6 7-5 win in 138 minutes on Arthur Ashe Stadium.
World number one Azarenka served for the match, but Williams broke in a run of four ruthless games to triumph.
She became the first player aged over 30 to win the US Open women's singles since Martina Navratilova in 1987.
"I honestly can't believe I won," said the American. "I was preparing my runner-up speech because she was playing so great."
Azarenka wept into a towel at the end as her dream of becoming the first Belarusian to win the US Open ended in agonising fashion.
"It's tough but Serena deserves to win," said the 23-year-old. "She showed what a true champion she is.
"I'm honoured to stand with such a true champion here. I definitely gave it my all today, stepping out of this court I have no regrets."
By David Ornstein
BBC Sport
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

The amazing thing was she looked like she was beat in the 3rd set, but held her nerve and fought back for a truely amazing win. I am not her biggest fan, but I could appreciate how much she wanted that victory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back