Ross Kemp’s interesting documentary

Supababe

Opinions Meister!
CAG
mm1
I don’t think anyone has mentioned this on the forum, which surprises me.

On Thursday night this was aired in the UK. It is called ‘Living with......’ and takes the 4 biggest problems facing the UK at the moment.
Now I know gambling is a problem for lots of people, but to realise it was in the top 4 was a bit of a shock.

B4E06E6F-551A-4B8D-823F-1D3A626E316F.png

It is only half an hour long and well worth watching.
To most of us, it is stuff we are all too aware of already but, to the non-gambler (family etc) it will be an eye-opener I believe.
It would be great if members could watch it too and share their thoughts and feelings.

Like the disbelief in Ross Kenp’s Face when an addict said that, at certain moments, slots became more important than family.

I Cried a couple of tears for the Father of a young man who killed himself when Dad was unable to finish his sentence through his sobs.

@BetBlocker it may be another explanation for the sudden rise in people signing up over weekend perhaps??

Yep, he may look like Zippy but you gotta admire how he puts himself out there and highlights many a theme.

Most of his stuff is compulsive viewing, it's generally unbiased investigative journalism as he shows all sides in a fair light. So Extreme Worlds, Ross Kemp on gangs etc

I haven't seen this one yet though, will have to raid Catch Up. Half an hour isn't much but I can imagine he put quite a bit in there :cool:

So as to be expected in its 22 min runtime, excluding credits, this vignette raised a couple of interesting points but couldn't really delve too deep into it.

A good watch, had some worrying tidbits in there and tried to cover a few different viewpoints etc

Worth noting were some of the figures e.g 500,000 gamblers have SEd, punters have on average 5 accounts, it's easy to circumvent existing safeguards and so forth. Oh and that companies 'voluntarily' donate 0.1% of their annual profits towards tackling the causes of addiction etc, which I thought was pretty magnanimous.

How about the identity-concealed woman speaking about her debts though, whew. Plus gambling her son's birthday money amongst other things :eek2:

Shhhhhh….(whispers)

"I'm in Ladrokes talking to an addict next to a FoBT"

(Blurry camera movement)

"I could see it was going to kick off in there, so we had to leave, fast!"

Ah Ross Kemp, one of the first faces I saw when moving to the UK :oops:

Still hot after all these years :D

Why, was he moonlighting at passport control?

:laugh:
He was making a documentary with UK Border Control and all the camera crew was there as people were showing their passports and that.

Prior to that, I had no knowledge of him until I saw EastEnders :p
I must be one of the unluckiest tw*ts alive. A sarky joke comment, and only I could actually get snarked by the million-to-one chance he actually bastard well WAS on passport control.....
:laugh: :laugh: :p

You putting your foot in it??? NEVER! Lol
That was the online equivalent of going out on a clear sunny day and somehow getting hit by bolt of lightning. Actually, wish I hadn't said that as we've got a hot sunny weekend coming up....

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back