Prima Bad Beat Jackpot hit today

winbig

Keep winning this amount.
Seems this was won today. It was well over $130K, which would have been over $45k for the losing hand...

Anyone have details??

This is all I've heard...
"Congratulations to KLT the Golden Riviera Poker player that was part of the Bad Beat Progressive Jackpot win on the 5th September. KLT won the hand with four of a kind (tens) over an opponent with four of a kind (nines). The Bad Beat Progressive jackpot was over $135,000 and KLT took away a 25% share"

This is all I've heard...
"Congratulations to KLT the Golden Riviera Poker player that was part of the Bad Beat Progressive Jackpot win on the 5th September. KLT won the hand with four of a kind (tens) over an opponent with four of a kind (nines). The Bad Beat Progressive jackpot was over $135,000 and KLT took away a 25% share…"

Thanks...;)

A little misleading though. If you do the math it's actually 25% of 70% of the jackpot, which would be 17.5%.

17.5% of $135K = $23,625

25% of $135K = $33,750

Quite a difference :D

edit: Whoa.....................did prima just change the rules?!??!?

Just looked, and it seems the winner of the hand no longer recieves a penny besides the 30% split between the rest of the table that participated in the hand.

edit2: Nevermind. I copied these from dream poker's website, and they're either wrong or prima hasn't updated their website accordingly. I've emailed dream, so hopefully they can tell me which one is correct.

# The percentage payout of the Jackpot is as follows:
# 70% is distributed as winnings:
70% to the losing hand, the Bad Beat
30% evenly split between the Players who actively participated in the hand
20% is used to seed the next Jackpot
10% is used for administration

If the above are correct, then that leaves alot of guessing what constitutes "actively participated in the hand".

Does it mean you saw hole cards?
Does it mean you saw the flop?

Alot of "grey" area there....

Last edited:
The way that JP is split is cr@p. I thought it was 50% to the loser 25% winner and 25% shared between all other players that were dealt cards.

And as for all this seeding cr@p, why dont they just have a main JP and a reserve JP.

The way that JP is split is cr@p. I thought it was 50% to the loser 25% winner and 25% shared between all other players that were dealt cards.

And as for all this seeding cr@p, why dont they just have a main JP and a reserve JP.

Yea, I love how they can grab 10% for "admin" purposes, seeing as how all the rake collected to go to the JP is all automatic in the first place. I'm not positive, but I'm also assuming the payouts to players is also automatic.

What's the $13,500+ in this instance going to?

Party has that Monster thing going and the bad beat jackpot gets hit almost daily at levels from $100k-300k.

I was notified by Dream that the payout structure listed on their website is in error. The one listed at Prima is correct.

* 70% is distributed as winnings:
o 50% to the losing hand, the Bad Beat
o 25% to the winner of the hand
o 25% evenly split between the other Players who actively participated in the hand
* 20% is used to seed the next Jackpot
* 10% is used for administration

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back