Playing Poker Thread

slotmaster

Paleo Meister (means really, really old)
PABnoaccred
Just played my 1st game in a while, just a ko sit n go, and guess what, I finished IN THE MONEY.:eek2: It was a brutal game as I was not getting very much and I was short-stack almost all-tourney but I hung in there and made the money which helps the confidence. :)

Otherwise these small micro tournaments would be nice for people who are starting to play but usually just freerolls and micro buy in ones people don't really play poker but just splash all in middle and then it's just flip after flip.

With even little higher buy in €$£5-10, people tempt to at least try to play poker instead of going all in with first hand J8 non suited etc...

Otherwise these small micro tournaments would be nice for people who are starting to play but usually just freerolls and micro buy in ones people don't really play poker but just splash all in middle and then it's just flip after flip.

With even little higher buy in €$£5-10, people tempt to at least try to play poker instead of going all in with first hand J8 non suited etc...
Been there, done that. I once was playing a freeroll and on the very 1st hand I got dealt AA in late position. When the bet got to me I went All-In. To my surprise, the rest of the 9 player table went All-In too. Heads up, AA has a 83% chance of winning against a single opponent. The odds go down the more players are in a hand against AA. As it turned out I got busted by a Player with 6-6 when a 6 apeared on the flop for trip 6's. I agree that there's less stupidity when the buy in gets up past the $5 level and that's what I generally play.

Boooooo, bubbled the 3rd practice game :( I probably woulda won this one as well if I win this hand.

Level VI (80/160) - 2021/07/30 20:13:41 ET
Table '3240072159 1' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 2: fuyoug (1433 in chips)
Seat 4: SagadatAhanbek (4429 in chips)
Seat 6: PHILLIIVEY1 (3550 in chips)
Seat 7: Otto Brun (4088 in chips)
fuyoug: posts the ante 20
SagadatAhanbek: posts the ante 20
PHILLIIVEY1: posts the ante 20
Otto Brun: posts the ante 20
Otto Brun: posts small blind 80
fuyoug: posts big blind 160
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to PHILLIIVEY1 [Qd Qc]
SagadatAhanbek: calls 160
PHILLIIVEY1: raises 248 to 408
Otto Brun: folds
fuyoug: folds
SagadatAhanbek: calls 248
*** FLOP *** [3h Jh 4d]
SagadatAhanbek: checks
PHILLIIVEY1: bets 560
SagadatAhanbek: raises 3441 to 4001 and is all-in
PHILLIIVEY1: calls 2562 and is all-in
Uncalled bet (879) returned to SagadatAhanbek
*** TURN *** [3h Jh 4d] [Js]
*** RIVER *** [3h Jh 4d Js] [3c]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
SagadatAhanbek: shows [Qs Jd] (a full house, Jacks full of Threes)
PHILLIIVEY1: shows [Qd Qc] (two pair, Queens and Jacks)
SagadatAhanbek collected 7380 from pot
SagadatAhanbek wins the $0.21 bounty for eliminating PHILLIIVEY1
PHILLIIVEY1 finished the tournament in 4th place
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 7380 | Rake 0
Board [3h Jh 4d Js 3c]
Seat 2: fuyoug (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 4: SagadatAhanbek showed [Qs Jd] and won (7380) with a full house, Jacks full of Threes
Seat 6: PHILLIIVEY1 (button) showed [Qd Qc] and lost with two pair, Queens and Jacks
Seat 7: Otto Brun (small blind) folded before Flop

Finally had time to fire up a game, started just dreadful and looked like I was going to be the 2nd one out but hung on and WOOOOOOOOOOOOO came back and finished 2nd, I coulda won it but I kinda had to go do other things but I could have won it if I played heads up normally against this player so pretty much count it as a win,lol. :D

£22 tournys only for me less loose shoves and they understand position about gettin in the money not a fiver bounty💸lol

Any poker players still here?

Had the hand of my life this afternoon...... thought i would share this for comments

Not sure i really played it fully correctly......

We playing £500 buy in ( 2 rebuys allowed ) with £2/£4 blinds -- 6 handed live private game

Few hours in im like £300 ish up and get 45c on BB

Im raised to 8 by the SB only 1 other called

I call and the flop is 2c Kc 3c

player 1 checks
SB bets £50

now although i have a flush im not liking that im likely losing if another club comes so cautious as i have a habit of losing them when a 4th comes on the board and that has happened already against this player so instead of raising i flat call , player 1 folds so its just us

Turn card Ah

After some time SB bets £550

At this point im putting him on either a high pair, trip K's or AK with maybe the Ac so im in front

I make the call of 550 leaving me with 200 and change hoping the club dont come

River Ac

For a split second i was Fucking knew it 4th bloody club then very quickly realizing its the Ace so he hasnt got it and now I expect hes got the boat Ks Aces which dont beat my straight flush !!!

he goes 200 just short of me all in which i considered a weird play and jokingly said if were allowed to use our rebuys i would rebuy and back raise you all in to which he said if all players agree in a hand thats allowed, so i said ok if your game I am he agreed so i rebuy 1000 and go all in he instantly calls..............

hes got quad Aces OH MY GOD !

45c

2K3AA

AA

Congratulations. I think you played it well. You were reacting to his bets and the hand really plays itself given the cards. Sweet Ac on the river!

Yeah the crazy thing is, had he raised me a bit more pre flop I wouldn't have called but clearly he was trying to keep me in.

Hes still going on about it LOL saying I shouldnt have even called PF but he don't get it that my starting position was similar to me starting with a PP and i was at about 20% PF not terrible odds for only a 50% raise

When you boil it all down he was behind from the flop all the way to the river so I don't know what he's complaining about - he had to be worried about the flush in the very least; he's lost the hand but not in the way he expected. It's a savage river card for him and he didn't even consider the straight flush and even if he did he's still paying you off. No-one's putting quad aces down there ffs.

I love it when people lose a hand and berate people for still being in the pot - you want them in 9 times out of 10 otherwise no money moves around the table! What does he want with AA? Everyone to fold to a small raise? You're priced in with a hand like 45c against any two cards in that spot because it's pretty undetectable if you make a hand with it, and you know you're getting paid if you do.

AA isn't that great a hand when you're playing 6-handed because it's less likely someone else will have a hand worth playing against you compared to a 10-person table. Cash poker is all about playing suited connectors and small pairs, and flopping straights or middle set or something, and cracking big pairs or over-pairs. That's how you get their money off them. I'm calling all day long there with 45c; you might have to fold on the flop or turn a lot of the time but if you hit something tasty you're getting all of his chips.

Tell him to dry his fucking eyes - if he can't see the danger his aces are in on a board like that he shouldn't be playing. He's bitter because he got cocky thinking he had the nuts and lost extra money because of it. Tough lesson but there you go...

Last edited:
Any poker players still here?

Had the hand of my life this afternoon...... thought i would share this for comments

Not sure i really played it fully correctly......

We playing £500 buy in ( 2 rebuys allowed ) with £2/£4 blinds -- 6 handed live private game

Few hours in im like £300 ish up and get 45c on BB

Im raised to 8 by the SB only 1 other called

I call and the flop is 2c Kc 3c

player 1 checks
SB bets £50

now although i have a flush im not liking that im likely losing if another club comes so cautious as i have a habit of losing them when a 4th comes on the board and that has happened already against this player so instead of raising i flat call , player 1 folds so its just us

Turn card Ah

After some time SB bets £550

At this point im putting him on either a high pair, trip K's or AK with maybe the Ac so im in front

I make the call of 550 leaving me with 200 and change hoping the club dont come

River Ac

For a split second i was Fucking knew it 4th bloody club then very quickly realizing its the Ace so he hasnt got it and now I expect hes got the boat Ks Aces which dont beat my straight flush !!!

he goes 200 just short of me all in which i considered a weird play and jokingly said if were allowed to use our rebuys i would rebuy and back raise you all in to which he said if all players agree in a hand thats allowed, so i said ok if your game I am he agreed so i rebuy 1000 and go all in he instantly calls..............

hes got quad Aces OH MY GOD !

45c

2K3AA

AA
What site was this on to instantly reload during live play? Sounds well iffy, it's going to entice the 20bb players in to hit the nuts then snidely add 80bb etc, still would like to see what site your playing at? I play on gg as a few players bluff rivers on all the other sites just nits happy grinding several ours for a stack, not for me tbh

Was a live private game, its a rebuy rule we only use when ALL players in the pot agree, and then only if you haven't used your rebuys already.

I find live poker IRL to be more profitable, even though it’s slower, so I rarely play online anymore, maybe the odd MTT online if I have the time but generally I don’t have 8+ hrs free in one go which most of the ones I used to play used to take to get to final tables etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back