pick feature - predetermined?

syntynyt

kuollut
to this day i still don't know if pick feature is just a part of the graphics and is predetermined no-matter-where-you-click in all slots that carry the feature or does hold the luck factor and the ability to have a 'say' in the feature outcome. by my knowledge is just a gimmick but if so there is the exception from the rule, like a provider actually providing genuine lucky/unlucky picks? the question is more directed at trancemonkey as i'm interested in landbased slots after i failed to get over 5 free spins in genius of leonardo slot by egt in 7 bonuses in a row that ate a ton to get, that looked like bad luck picking the play window every second pick and paying under 15x in all of them, AND basegame being totally dead wondering where the hell the rtp have gone, probably to the one that played before me and won loads on the game.

Can't speak for any other providers but with Danger High Voltage - as the player selects between Gates of Hell or High Voltage Free Spins, nothing is decided on that click (except the Symbol outcome for Gates which is spun in on selection).
Each seperate spin hits the RNG with both features and the reel symbols / sticky wild symbol / elevator wilds are all called on a completely random basis.

Big Time Gaming official

while im still at it here is another question. its a good idea to play slots at a machine that have roulette that once in a while pays a huge cashout for those that bet large and happens to hit enough favorite numbers to brak the bank? does the outcome of the roulette, like being on minus, may affect the slots potential of big wins? by my experience a machine has to be previously filled and what is spitting out is like a cashback, every time i won huge sums was because of the fact that ate a fortune previously, as checking with the operators, is this a rule? the egt machines require 30day reactivation with each firmware sent to egt and they replying back with a unique code, does this shoud be worrying playing them immediately after considering that novomatic doesnt need this?

Can't speak for any other providers but with Danger High Voltage - as the player selects between Gates of Hell or High Voltage Free Spins, nothing is decided on that click (except the Symbol outcome for Gates which is spun in on selection).
Each seperate spin hits the RNG with both features and the reel symbols / sticky wild symbol / elevator wilds are all called on a completely random basis.

Big Time Gaming official

Honesty like this you don't get from other providers :cheers:

Big Time Gaming official
What about bonanza? Pre determined or not?

Yet to pick the Gold Card on Wild Heist, must have had 150 bonuses on it in total, with a 1 in 3 chance roughly each time.

That feature's more gimped than Mr Fetish waving his nipple tassles around at an S&M convention :mad:

Last edited:
I would say the honest answer is that it depends on the provider and each individual game, some pick me features are clearly pre determined, others are not so clear and could be true random.

Your never going to know which it is, unless you get an honest answer from the provider of each game in question, but IMO most pick me features found online are pre determined rather than the player having any chance of influencing the result, which I feel does spoil some games. The games I do the pick me's are always true.

I would say the honest answer is that it depends on the provider and each individual game, some pick me features are clearly pre determined, others are not so clear and could be true random.

Your never going to know which it is, unless you get an honest answer from the provider of each game in question, but IMO most pick me features found online are pre determined rather than the player having any chance of influencing the result, which I feel does spoil some games. The games I do the pick me's are always true.

A pick can only be "true" if the outcome of picking it has no influence on the RTP....
For example, the Secrets of the Stones... the average of every single possible pick would need to be the target average of the Free Games.
As some options are clearly way more expensive than others, it could be that the picks are not "true"... however every game, and every provider, are different, so there is no one size fits all approach to this...

while im still at it here is another question. its a good idea to play slots at a machine that have roulette that once in a while pays a huge cashout for those that bet large and happens to hit enough favorite numbers to brak the bank? does the outcome of the roulette, like being on minus, may affect the slots potential of big wins? by my experience a machine has to be previously filled and what is spitting out is like a cashback, every time i won huge sums was because of the fact that ate a fortune previously, as checking with the operators, is this a rule? the egt machines require 30day reactivation with each firmware sent to egt and they replying back with a unique code, does this shoud be worrying playing them immediately after considering that novomatic doesnt need this?

The "machines are compensated" thread was closed a long time ago, but the simple answer is - it makes no difference. The vast majority of slot games around the world are random. Every spin is random, and is NOT influenced by previous play on any game.

There are some notable exceptions (the UK, Spain, and a few other markets) where compensated machines ARE allowed, but these only exist in certain locations and in the UK, the games MUST state whether they are random or compensated.

My guess is you aren't from the UK or Spain as you mention EGT, so i can assure you they don't need "filling" before they pay out.

Yet to pick the Gold Card on Wild Heist, must have had 150 bonuses on it in total, with a 1 in 3 chance roughly each time.

That feature's more gimped than Mr Fetish waving his nipple tassles around at an S&M convention :mad:

As much as i like that slot, the one downside for me is selecting your cards and the level of disappointment I get when Ive missed the gold card. :laugh:

You know getting the gold card is the best to find - and if you can get an extra wild & multiplier or some combination of, you should get a decent win. And if you can get
an extra pick or two, even better. But the amount of times Ive hit.. more spins.. more spins.. then more spins again, and im rarrrgg! Yay I have like 20+ free spins and I
know I need so much luck to get anything , I can't even watch the screen but I know Ill win something like 5x bet. :laugh:

Love the slot, but the disappointment of missing the gold card is too much sometimes lmao

I eventually came to a conclusion that I would choose 2 of the same card every time, and a random 3rd. Cant say its helped me much but I feel better. haha.

Last few weeks I use dice (real one, not on-line) to pick..dice likes IR Micheal (two over 100x in a row, one of them line-up)...

Big Time Gaming official

I wish that was true, i really do, nothing released from you is not pre determined, all sessions together is, you string big/mega wins together and dead spins together, you felt the need to payout huge during 19th 20th may for some reason:) happened during a period of less then 24 hours 1 year ago also.

So no its fishy as f

I think some people may be confusing Pre-determined and Proportional in terms of randomness. For example, the gold card in wild heist could be a true random "on click" but only have a 1% chance of actually hitting, even though 5 cards or whatever suggests 20%.

Good point Cygnus, pre-determined or not does not matter, as long as all shown options were considered proportionally for the outcome.

same thing with sweet alchemy pick bonus... it looks like you have 20% chance to get 3 of each potions but 8/10 times you get lowest amount x bet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back