New group started. Share you dogs with us.

lauram

Dormant account
Just wanted to let you know that as a dog owner, I have a few issues the vets are having trouble figuring out. So I thought maybe if we made a group pertaining to dogs, that others might have gone through similar issues and we could help each other. Group is open, all can join. Even if you would like to just join to share you loved ones pics.

Just a reminder the group is called doggie paws. Everyone is welcome, for the newer members, at the top click community down arrow. Then click social clubs and look for the pup pic. Have a few of us that joined and as the colder weather approaches our pets health changes. Here we can share tips and ideas pictures and stories.

laura

icons-paw-dog.gif

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)
Link Outdated / Removed

Sounds like a great group, but I can't stand my dog so I don't think I should join.

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Last week we went by the animal shelter in Flagstaff, Arizona...I threatened them that if they didn't settle down I would drop them off:D

:lolup::lolup::lolup:

Last week we went by the animal shelter in Flagstaff, Arizona...I threatened them that if they didn't settle down I would drop them off:D

LOL speaking of shelters that is where I adopted the dog from 6 years ago. I wish they would have told me before I signed the papers that he was adopted 4 times by different owners and returned. I wouldn't return him because If I did they would Put him to sleep., So we are stuck with him.

Know I'm gonna hate myself for asking but why are you stuck. There must be someone else in the world that might love your dog yes? I've given temporary shelter or rescue to a few real winners but love always comes. my last was 'my big-mouthed bassett. the things I used to yell out to that darn dog apparently became quite entertaining for my closest neighbors. She was the stubbornest, barkinest, brick shithousest cherry tomatoe eatin pita dog. (sorry for spelling but no other way to describe her). she barked 24/7. she barked at me in my garden. she ate my cherry tomatoes and then laughed and barked. only thing that made her stop was singing but then she'd howl. I put my hand thru the window knocking too hard at her to shutup. my daughter dropped a log on her toe and broke it out in the rain one day getting firewood and I'm sure bmb's barking had something to do with it. anywho.....so whats with your dog? LOL:D

Know I'm gonna hate myself for asking but why are you stuck. There must be someone else in the world that might love your dog yes? I've given temporary shelter or rescue to a few real winners but love always comes. my last was 'my big-mouthed bassett. the things I used to yell out to that darn dog apparently became quite entertaining for my closest neighbors. She was the stubbornest, barkinest, brick shithousest cherry tomatoe eatin pita dog. (sorry for spelling but no other way to describe her). she barked 24/7. she barked at me in my garden. she ate my cherry tomatoes and then laughed and barked. only thing that made her stop was singing but then she'd howl. I put my hand thru the window knocking too hard at her to shutup. my daughter dropped a log on her toe and broke it out in the rain one day getting firewood and I'm sure bmb's barking had something to do with it. anywho.....so whats with your dog? LOL:D

He can't be trained goes to the bathroom in the house, ( even though I take him out in the back yard 7 times a day)we keep him on a short leash in the family room so it does help( atleast his messes are just in his small area he is leashed to) But he still gives me messes to clean up a few times a week. He drives us crazy with his shreaking, biting the furniture and scratching the walls when it is raining with or with out thunder.The vet has tried many medicines on him to help calm him when it rains but nothing works.He has it good with us , he is very happy and not many would tolerate him just as I can barely do,but my 7 year old really is attached to him so this why I am keeping him.

clj? What breed of dog is he? He sounds like he has separation disorder, with him having been adopted now 5 times. Have you tried putting him in one of the portable kennels? They have a tray, so if he has an accident you just pull the tray out and clean it. It will save your floors, also, some dogs don't like being in their own "waste" so it may discourage him from going in the house.

He can't be trained goes to the bathroom in the house, ( even though I take him out in the back yard 7 times a day)we keep him on a short leash in the family room so it does help( atleast his messes are just in his small area he is leashed to) But he still gives me messes to clean up a few times a week. He drives us crazy with his shreaking, biting the furniture and scratching the walls when it is raining with or with out thunder.The vet has tried many medicines on him to help calm him when it rains but nothing works.He has it good with us , he is very happy and not many would tolerate him just as I can barely do,but my 7 year old really is attached to him so this why I am keeping him.

Sounds like you should call "The Dog Whisperer"! ;) Actually I'm not being completely facetious, seriously some obedience training would probably help if it's a behavioral issue and not a physical one. My dog was completely out of control when he first came here, he'd been in a foster home and been returned several times too cause he was just a big hyper pain in the butt and had no idea how to behave. They just locked him in the basement when they were at work, so he and the other dog just went to the bathroom down there. He had no self control at all, he jumped on the furniture or on people, taking him for walks was a nightmare, and he just lifted his leg or squatted wherever he felt like - inside or outside.

I almost gave up on him too, but then I took him to obedience classes run by a guy here who trains police and guard dogs and it made a HUGE difference. My dog had never been disciplined in the right way, and once he realized that I"m the Alpha in this relationship, he settled right down and became a lot more comfortable and all of his issues are resolved. I've even trained him to only go to the bathroom in one area of the back yard now too. He's still a big hyper pain in the butt, but he's a much nicer dog.

For anyone that has pets that prefer to go the bathroom in the house rather then out, try this. First off they need to be distracted, this will not be easy if the pet is left alone for long hours of the day. Get a clicker, or snap of your fingers. Grab some treats from the pet store. Small ones like the marrow munch bits. As you see your pet squatting to go, click real hard and loud. As this draws their attention away from what they are doing. Then whisk them out the door. Soon as they go give them a treat. Takes a few days but it will work.
This clicking or snapping also works on walks where dogs get distracted and either want to bail away. Or fight another dog.

LOL speaking of shelters that is where I adopted the dog from 6 years ago. I wish they would have told me before I signed the papers that he was adopted 4 times by different owners and returned. I wouldn't return him because If I did they would Put him to sleep., So we are stuck with him.

Join the group cl, we can all share some ideas and try this and that. I already have gotten a few tips on handling my 3 dogs here.

Join the group cl, we can all share some ideas and try this and that. I already have gotten a few tips on handling my 3 dogs here.
I have tried everything and nothing works except keeping him tied up in the family room with a bit of room to walk around.Atleast the "mess" is not every day now. He was either an abused dog when I adopted him or just retarded. He is not rough he is very gentle, kind and never bites or anything like that.
Ok I just joined the group. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back