Neteller goes public about non-US accounts

Tester

Non-Gambler
Neteller published their position about non-US account holders

NETELLER Member Update
The NETELLER Group issued a press release on February 8, 2007. Please read it here.

Please note that we are experiencing higher than normal support volumes and recommend that you read the FAQs for more information.

As recently announced, several changes have been made to NETELLERs services for US members.

Unfortunately, this change is causing temporary effects to our non-US member services. We regret the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Until further notice, we will continue to communicate any pertinent changes to your service on this site, so please check back regularly for updates.

Is my money in my NETELLER account?

Yes. NETELLER keeps all members funds by holding the value in segregated trust accounts.

Can I still transfer with NETELLER if my registered bank account is in USD?

Unfortunately, NETELLER can no longer guarantee transactions with USD bank accounts. If you are from Canada, we recommend you register a CAD bank account so you can continue to perform instaCASH and EFT transfers. If you are from Europe, we recommend you register a CAD, EUR or GBP bank account so you can continue to withdraw funds to your bank account.

I made a bank wire deposit. Why arent the funds in my NETELLER account?

At this time, USD bank wires are being delayed in the United States. Funds are either being returned to the originating bank or are being pushed through to our bank account after several weeks.

If your funds have not appeared in your NETELLER account, you may consider the following options:

Ask your originating bank to trace the bank wire to find out if the funds are being held by an intermediary.
If the funds are being held, submit a recall notice to your bank to have the funds returned to your bank account.
Resubmit the bank wire deposit to NETELLER in EUR or GBP. Please contact bankwires@neteller.com to make these arrangements.

Why cant I use instaCASH anymore?

Unfortunately, instaCASH and EFT transactions with USD bank accounts are no longer available. Only Canadian members with non-USD bank accounts can use instaCASH.

Are Peer-to-Peer transfers affected?

Yes. Non-US members can no longer perform Peer-to-Peer transfers with US members.

Why did I receive a call requesting my IBAN and BIC or SWIFT code?

In order to process bank wire withdrawals, NETELLER requires your banks IBAN and BIC or SWIFT code. This information should be located in the top right side of your bank statement. Due to new banking legislation, as of January 1, 2007 we cannot process bank wire withdrawals without IBAN and BIC or SWIFT codes. Please call NETELLER Customer Service if you need to provide this information. Do not send your IBAN and BIC or SWIFT code by email.

Who can I contact for assistance?

If your question has not been answered by this FAQ, or if you require further assistance, please contact NETELLER Customer Service, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Please note that we anticipate that there may be higher than normal customer support queue wait times.

Last updated: 8 February 2007

Link Removed ( Old/Invalid)

I still don't see anything there about interest rates and who benefits from same on the *segregated accounts* "...holding the value" does not address the point imo.

LOL - it's nagging that often encourages that sort of improvement.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not in Neteller bashing mode here, and I sympathise with their predicament and the turmoil and cost the US authorities are putting them through.

But I have more empathy for the thousands of players who have money caught up in this DoJ nonsense and are imo entitled to good communications rather than "no comments" from Neteller functionaries who should be prepared to deliver straight assurances to non-provocative player concerns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back