Munchin' on Tickets?

suzecat

Dormant account
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. (Feb. 3) - Nine people were arrested in Scottsdale on suspicion of selling forged Super Bowl tickets for thousands of dollars.

The investigation into the forged tickets began when a Massachusetts couple reported unwittingly buying forged tickets for $2,500 from a man on a Scottsdale street Saturday, Sgt. Mark Clark said in a news release Sunday.

Bicycle officers responded to the area and spotted a potential suspect. Clark said the man lied about his name and was arrested. Clark said the man was not the one who sold the tickets to the Massachusetts couple, but turned out to be part of the group that had the forged tickets.

Shortly after the first arrest, Clark said plainclothes detectives spotted a man matching a description given by the couple, and the victims then positively identified him.

Police arrested the man, who had four forged tickets on him.

Clark said the arrest led them to two rooms and a car at a nearby Motel 6, where they found dozens of forged Super Bowl tickets and marijuana, and arrested seven more suspects.

One suspect was trying to eat five forged tickets when police found him, Clark said.

In all, Clark said police confiscated 50 forged Super Bowl tickets and more than $6,000 in cash.

Those arrested could face charges including false reporting, forgery, fraud schemes and marijuana possession, Clark said. All were released pending the completion of the investigation and formal charges.

The tickets were not as tasty as, say, pizza. I guess when the munchies hit anything will do!:D

Sorry Suze, my post was directed at another guy whose post must have been deleted by the mods. I called him comrade because it seemed that he was Chinese and that's what we usually address one another in China.:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back