Matchbook have license suspended by the UKGC

Not sure if these are anyhow related to this, at least name Matchbook mentioned in both.

A gambling firm formerly operated by employees of Cork-based betting technology business Xanadu Consultancy has secured a judgment totalling $12.6m (€11.4m) in London against a number of defendants who laid bets of as much as $1m a day and engaged in what a judge described as a "co-ordinated deception".

The case shines a unique light behind the scenes of the world of global high-stakes betting.

The Channel Islands firm, Eurasia Sports, was part of online betting group Matchbook.

You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Well Matchbook have voided perfectly legit trades in the past. Ive suffered this, but read of people losing 5 figures due to voided trades where nothing was wrong. IMO I think they are rogue anyway, hopefully if they do get their licence back they will clean up their act.

Well Matchbook have voided perfectly legit trades in the past. Ive suffered this, but read of people losing 5 figures due to voided trades where nothing was wrong. IMO I think they are rogue anyway, hopefully if they do get their licence back they will clean up their act.
Betfair have done the same in the past too.

They seem to have extra money even after fines from UKGC and lost UK license, keep getting very randomly 1-3 times a week 10 FS to different slots.. I have made there one deposit of 100€ when for some reason (can't remember why but it's some years ago and not relevant) couldn't lay something at Betfair and had to use MB in case of emergency..

Last two months or something these have came, more and more... Don't really play there (if you do any trading you know reasons why it can't be serious option for Betfair but only in emergencies) really so have sometimes if been home without anything to do, played these, they have one-time wagering requirement only and then some DOA II, have withdrawn three times without deposit now, huge amounts of: 27€, 34€ and magical 59€. If i don't have some friend working there i'm not aware about, can't really get their logic to keep sending these to churned, never active person like me. Many who play there could appreciate allocating bonus costs to them or maybe they don't really have players and try to get somebody play even freespins there.

But if you are outside UK, Sweden etc.. countries they can't offer bonuses, they seem to be most active in sending these, now we go for 10 spins at Aztec Spins (with RTP 92.77%, no idea of minimum or if Alderney have any) at least can't go much lowerwhich i probably ever played before but we look to break magic line of 100€ with these freebies :)

Wasn't pointed out in this thread why they lost their license, sounds really familiar story, Colin 5/5 points from right answer in first post.

EDIT: To add, no idea about this game, but even some games which have 0.10 as min bet, they throw 0.20 spins, at least Starburst should have 0.10 as well but they last week gave 0.20... Players would be almost equally happy to half price spins as long they are free with almost no WR... Not my money and budget.

EDIT II: Total win from these 10 spins, 0.00€

• breached conditions of its licence relating to anti-money laundering measures;
  • failed to comply with the Commission's social responsibility codes of practice, and
You do not have permission to view link Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Meister Ratings

Back